Dutch FTV card not working

moordown66

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have a Dutch FTV card, registered to a Dutch address which until about 2 weeks ago worked perfectly…it was one of the new ones which was issued after the change to Irdeto 2. I have an Irdeto 2 cam as well, but all of a sudden it just stopped working.

I have been on the Canal Digitaal website and have selected the appropriate card and have entered the card number as requested and I get a message that says it should be up and running within an hour (I left the receiver set to Ned 1) and nothing happened. I've tried it again on a couple of other occasions and still nothing.

I've contaced my helper in NL who spoke to Canal Digitaal who said they'd send a few bursts down (for want of a more technical explanation) but still nothing.

So, what I'm asking is, does anyone know of something which may have changed which might have stopped my card working? Are there any other things I could try as I'm assuming the problem is my end. The receiver (TM 5000 DAPCI unpatched) seems to recognise the cam ok.

Any tips would help as I'm totally stuck!

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
It may be more myth than legend but many times I have removed the card and cleaned the chip connectors and that seems to do the trick, but is probably the removal of the card that does it. You could also try switching everything off (pull mains plug) and re-initialising everything. Failing that they must have found you out.....?!O-no

mavcek

Reaction score
I had to reactivate my Canal+ card this week (after being without my sat dish for some months) and it worked without problem, but I constantly get problems accessing the Dutch channels - it usually means a restart of the receiver (I have a Technomate 5500DACI) or just removing and replacing the card.

moordown66

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanks everyone. Will give it a whirl this evening.

Interesting point Mavcek...had the same problem previously...a TM thing perhaps?

moordown66

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well well well.

Tried the procedure mentioned (good huff on chip connector, brisk rub on jeans). Powered box off. No difference.

Then I thought I'd try a procedure I'd read for programming a Dragon CAM (which I haven't got - using Irdeto 2 CAM) for want of anything else to do. So..... Gave the strip another polish, powered off, then powered up again on an FTA channel (in this case BVN). Selected one of the FTV channels (RTL7) and would you believe it, it worked.

How about that :-beer

martz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Thomson Sky+ PVR3, Pace 2200 Sky box, Zone 1 Triax minidish with Thomson Quad LNB, 1m Gibertini and Technomate TM-1500CI+ Super (Patched) 1metre Gibertini at Astra 1 19.2°e
My Location
Barnet, North London
do the cards really look like this?