DVBViewer, NewCS and CCcam or Mgcamd

A

Anonymous-A

Hi there,

As some of you know I have a Dreambox 800HD that has a white card connected to an Omnikey. This streams over my network nicely but what I would like to try out would be to use DVBViewer accessing the card over the network so the Dreambox can use the card and so could DVBViewerr. No intentions of sharing this setup with the outside world.

Any pointers on if this is achievable?

A

Anonymous-A

Hi there,

As some of you know I have a Dreambox 800HD that has a white card connected to an Omnikey. This streams over my network nicely but what I would like to try out would be to use DVBViewer accessing the card over the network so the Dreambox can use the card and so could DVBViewerr. No intentions of sharing this setup with the outside world.

Any pointers on if this is achievable?

niknak

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FireDTV S2, Sky HD
My Location
nottinghamshire
Same as you - omni and white card but I'm running this on a linux virtual machine on the same PC as dvbviewer mind but I'm guessing its the same principle as a dreambox.
basically acamd works for me in dvbviewer, connects straight to newcs via newcamd. Ive never used cccam as a server because with omnikey its not compatible. and never needed to hook newcs to cccam to dvbviewer... not even sure if thats possible... so um yeah.. acamd. hope that helps.

niknak

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FireDTV S2, Sky HD
My Location
nottinghamshire
Same as you - omni and white card but I'm running this on a linux virtual machine on the same PC as dvbviewer mind but I'm guessing its the same principle as a dreambox.
basically acamd works for me in dvbviewer, connects straight to newcs via newcamd. Ive never used cccam as a server because with omnikey its not compatible. and never needed to hook newcs to cccam to dvbviewer... not even sure if thats possible... so um yeah.. acamd. hope that helps.

A

Anonymous-A

Is there any chance you could post a quick bullet point list of the things you need to do to set up acamd in DVBviewer?

niknak

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FireDTV S2, Sky HD
My Location
nottinghamshire
Copy the files from your acamd download into the plugins directory of your dvbviewer
you will need to edit the cardclient.conf file with notepad or something.
go down to the bottom and look for the line "#newcamd:192.168.7.54:34000:1/0000/0000:username:password:0102030405060708091011121314"
remove the # from the beginning and replace the bits with details from your dreambox setup. IP address/port and newcamd login info from your newcs setup..
so for instance...
newcamd:192.168.0.11:13000:1/0000/0000:yournewcamdusername:yournewcamdpassword:0102030405060708091011121314

Run dvbviewer, decrypt channels, big smile.

Thats pretty much all I did... now, I didn't run into any issues at all. you may!.. So I may not be the right person to ask should it not work for you - I'm not familiar with dreamboxes and am pretty much sat at newb rank for linux.
But good luck though!

A

Anonymous-A

Fantastic - I will post up my experiences here - the Dreambox is effectively a linux computer so in theory if I use the IP address of my Dreambox for the card it *should* work...

A

Anonymous-A

Absolutely spot on!!!!

Thank you so much!!

I added a user dvbviewer in the Newcs config and then updated cardclient.conf with this:

newcamd:mydreamboxip:-ohmymnikeyport/0000/0000:dvbvieweruserid:dvbviewerpassword:0102030405060708091011121314

All running nicely...!

niknak

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FireDTV S2, Sky HD
My Location
nottinghamshire
Brill. Glad it works for you.

ironically I have justtoday finished building a new box with windows 7 on it. moved over my vmware image and it now fails to decode HD channels.. I'm suspecting an idiot moment by me but we shall see..

A

Anonymous-A

I had a lot of problems with the Windows 7 beta - went back to Vista and haven't tried it since.

dmm

Reaction score
Hi Folks - I am just going to enlarge on this interesting thread a bit - my post is quite extensive so please bear with me and i apologise for the length of it but i cannot get ACAMD to decrypt for network clients - it says NO HARDWARE AVAILABLE so here are my questions although a bit long but i feel it could help others here if answered :

Am using Dvbviewer Pro as well and i have the recording service set up fine on a server computer (Dvbviewer dvbserver) and i have another client computer in a different room in the house running a dvbviewer pro client (which of course accesses the tuner card on the main server)

The client is a virtual client (hardwareless obviously) and this works fine for free to air channels

The problem is that for decrypted channels if i use ACAMD (with an experimental remote card server) it decrypts fine if i watch TV on the Dvbviewer SERVER PC (which has the actual tuner card installed and the recording service running)

The other virtual DVBviewer client PC on the network in another room in the house does see all the free to air channels but i dont know how to use ACAMD as a plugin on the remote or client PC's instance of DVBviewer
I get the message when switching to a decrypted channel NO HARDWARE AVAILABLE on the client PC instance of DVBviewer Pro

Perhaps we need to have multiple plugin folders using the naming convention plugins/plugins1 .......plugins/plugins2 etc - i am not sure ?

my questions are in order to get a client instance of DVBviewer Pro to use ACAMD properly do we need to set up plugins for the client instance of DVBviewer as follows ?

So if we presume we have the server running the recording service and one other (virtual tuner) client on our home network

1. do we set up ALL new plugin folders for all new clients on the Dvbviewer SERVER SIDE ONLY using a specific plugin folder path - effectively having 2 sets of plugins in this case one for server and one for client (but BOTH stored on SERVER machines plugins folder)?

2. do we set up ALL new plugin folders for all new clients on the CLIENT PCS ONLY using a specific plugin folder path ?

3. Or in the case of our one new client do we have a new plugin instance of ACAMD on the SERVER side and one on the client side ? - how is it all set up ?

I guess in summary the question is in order to introduce a new virtual DVBviewer client onto the network where exactly do the plugin folders need to go - server side / client side or both and what are the names of the plugin folders ?
maybe someone has had a successful experience and can provide some clues ? - thanks