DVD recorder bought in USA

bigkenny

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo and Dreambox DM 518-S also a Technomate TM-6800HD using 1 metre dish with motor
My Location
North Wales
I’m going to Florida in a few weeks and was thinking of buying a DVD recorder (I bought a Panasonic DVD player about 4-5 years ago in the USA and is still going strong my TV plays it back ok)

I was thinking about a HD Recorder with DVD+RW any recorders makes/models anyone can suggest.

If I make recordings say linked to Sky STB or Freeview box can anyone see problems using the HD or DVD recordings??!!

sunnyspain

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none at the moment
My Location
Murcia Spain
The only downfall I can see, is that as the US don't use scart, if the model is a dedicated US one, then it might not have any scart sockets, I guess check spec on manufacturers website.
Have a good holiday though.

cheers, Neil

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Don't forget regionality.

The USA is region 1 and Europe is region 2. Any DVDs bought in Europe won't play on an American player if it's region 1 only. If the player is region free then you should be OK.

And sunnyspain's probably right about the lack of scarts.

bigkenny

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo and Dreambox DM 518-S also a Technomate TM-6800HD using 1 metre dish with motor
My Location
North Wales
PaulR said:
Don't forget regionality.

The USA is region 1 and Europe is region 2. Any DVDs bought in Europe won't play on an American player if it's region 1 only. If the player is region free then you should be OK.

And sunnyspain's probably right about the lack of scarts.

well just got back this week. it was OK I have 2 DVD players they both play Region 1 disks in fact the bulk of my DVDs are R1. I did not buy the player yet as going back again soon so will wait/get then. I use S-leads so all ok (via surround amp).

I might hang back and get one over here with freeview tuner and Hard Drive as prices are coming down. Note High Def` TV is really big over there realy took off big style