Dynamite not working

Joe_bloggs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HumaxF1C1, Trisat dish, Astra 19.2, Eutelsat 16, Hotbird.
My Location
United Kingdom
Hi, When i plug my Programmer in CAS 8.5b software does not detect my programmer whether connected by direct or virtual com port.

I Have the old Dynamite programmer but i no longer have the software or drivers to make it work ( i thought CAS studio would have installed all the necessary drivers), Im trying to use my programmer with a USB to Serial converter cable and installed AK5USBHL-3 driver which has created a virtual Com port every time i plug the device in. The problem is although the device is recognized under hardware device manager tab on my pc, there is no prompt for installing any drivers from windows.

I have noticed that under device manager tab i have a jungo driver>windriver version 9 installed but this is not under the usb devices folder and does not say dynamite, my driver for usb to serial shows under the usb devices tab.

I have also tried dragon loader software which also fails to detect, do i need to install any driver? any advice would be much appreciated.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
What are you trying to program?
As you're using a USB-Serial adapter I assume you are trying to program something in Phoenix mode.
Have you started up the CIS 8.5b software in phoenix mode?
Try going into the Utilities tab and click on the Phoenix icon.
Is your Dynamit programmer listed anywhere in Device manager?
With the Cas 3 I get 2 listings in the Jungo folder, Cas 3 and Windriver.
Try disconnecting your Dynamite programmer, uninstalling the Cas software, then re-loading CIS 8.5b before connecting your Dynamite programmer.
Does the Dynamite connect using both a USB and Serial connection?
If Windows still fails to recognize your programmer try an earlier version of the CIS software, but you will have to alter the date on your computer, just take it back a year.

Joe_bloggs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
United Kingdom
Hi thanks for the reply, in answer to your questions.

1) im trying to program a dragon loader card dynamite has usb and serial connection, both cables need to be plugged in.
2) i cannot select any mode because it doesnt detect the device in the first place so i can only click on demo and then utilites.
3) Dynamite programmer or cas 3 not listed anywhere in device manager only the driver for my usb to serial converter.
4) i only get one listing in jungo and that is windriver
5) ive tried disconnecting re-installing method with no luck
6) ive tried plugging it into serial port and using dragon loader.exe as well as cas studio but it says device not connected
7) ive also tried roll back using older cas studio software and changing system date still nothing

im guessing im missing a driver somewhere just dont know which one :confused

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
I don't think you're missing a driver as the Cas Studio software is supposed to be for your programmer as well as the Cas programmers.
Is there anything listed in Device Manager with a yellow exclamation mark next to it?
If there is try updating the drivers and manually installing them by pointing to C:, Program Files, Duolabs and the drivers.
To see the Dynamite, or the listing with the yellow exclamation mark, your programmer has to be connected using the USB cable and recognized by Windows, if there is nothing in Device Manager try a different USB cable and USB port.

Joe_bloggs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
United Kingdom
tried everything i can just wont connect to the programmer and theres no mention of cas 3 in device manager or exclmation marks even when programmer plugged in, tried different cables too same problem. :confused

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Can you try the programmer on a different computer or laptop to see if it is recognized?

Joe_bloggs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
United Kingdom
i have a computer (now in the shed) which i used to use with my programmer with no problems, i shall dig it out and try it with that again however it did work with this computer too..im baffled. Thanks for your replies i shall report back my attempt at the old pc tommorow.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
If your other computer doesn't recognize the new device, via the USB port, then there's a good chance that the programmer is damaged, if the other computer does recognize the new device then it must be a problem with your computer, and possibly the other drivers you have installed.
In which case a system restore might solve the problem, or a registry repair using your Operating System disk.

Joe_bloggs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
United Kingdom
ok im now trying this my old pc, ive downloaded cas 8.3a installed it and then plugged in the dynamite programmer into the serial port, windows brought up a hardware found dialogue box (FT232R USB UART) when i direct it to the drivers folder of cas 8.3a it says 'could not install because no drivers found', which driver do i need to install at this stage?

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Do not connect your Dynamite using the Serial cable just use the USB cable, after installing the Cas software.
Once connected check in Device Manager to see if it has been recognized.

Joe_bloggs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
United Kingdom
connected with usb only windows does not detect, jungo windriver now under device manager tab, still cas dont detect it. the red power light on the dynamite comes on when usb cable plugged in, could it be the dynamite is faulty? windows is definately picking up hardware IF serial cable plugged in.