E4

kyliesat

Reaction score
Is E4 going to be FTA on Sky Digital now that it is available on Freeview, or is it staying in multi channel package?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
kyliesat said:
Is E4 going to be FTA on Sky Digital now that it is available on Freeview, or is it staying in multi channel package?

I read a post the other day I believe it is going to stay encrypted until at least 2008 I think it said.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Nothing is changing with E4 (apart from it moving to Astra 2D)

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Only free on terrestrial digital platform (freeview).

SkyMinus

Reaction score
That's a real bummer! I've already told the wife that we would be able to get E4 at the end of May - and after trying at the weekend I wondered why it was still encoded!

Looks like I will have to get a freeview box after all, having spent £20 on a FREESAT card !

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
SkyMinus said:
Looks like I will have to get a freeview box after all, having spent £20 on a FREESAT card !

From Channel 4 web site...

"E4 remains in the basic channel package through subscription on Sky, ntl and Telewest. But if you have a digital box that receives Freeview, you can watch E4 for free without subscription. If you would like more information on how to get E4, contact one of the providers listed on the right."

Still part of the Sky basic package.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
SkyMinus said:
That's a real bummer! I've already told the wife that we would be able to get E4 at the end of May - and after trying at the weekend I wondered why it was still encoded!

You would still suffer if you went down that route, unless you are an avid BB viewer. To add insult to injury thay repeat it on a second channel one hour later.
Ive got Freeview and have turned on E4, and E4+1 twice, and turned over to BBC3 a second later. Even M+M is utter pants (and the TT is on this week)

Grande_Assiette

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Uk and Cyprus -sometimes
Ah, but at least you can still have the option to watch it..

since E4 2moved transponders.. we lost in in Cyprus... WHY, WHY, WHY is all the good stuff moving to the north beam ? :-crying

GA

Channel Hopper said:
You would still suffer if you went down that route, unless you are an avid BB viewer. To add insult to injury thay repeat it on a second channel one hour later.
Ive got Freeview and have turned on E4, and E4+1 twice, and turned over to BBC3 a second later. Even M+M is utter pants (and the TT is on this week)

puffin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 150 with an Inverto Black Ultra and a Pace 2600C1
My Location
Borlänge 200km WNW of Stockholm
Grande_Assiette said:
Ah, but at least you can still have the option to watch it..

since E4 2moved transponders.. we lost in in Cyprus... WHY, WHY, WHY is all the good stuff moving to the north beam ? :-crying

GA

You can add manually the Irish version of E4. It is situated on Eurobird on 11565. In Cyprus you might have a problem though. When looking at the footprint: http://www.eutelsat.com/satellites/285e_popd.html
It looks very much on the fringe.

Are there other people who can give rapports on reception of the S1 beam in Cyprus?

Grande_Assiette

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Uk and Cyprus -sometimes
Hi Puffin,

Thx for the info, I later found out about this freq. but I was remiss in not posting it myself.

It does work in Cyprus..with the right size "monster" dish.. as chaannels go this is a relatively strong one.. shame I can't say the say for Motors TV.

GA

puffin said:
You can add manually the Irish version of E4. It is situated on Eurobird on 11565. In Cyprus you might have a problem though. When looking at the footprint: http://www.eutelsat.com/satellites/285e_popd.html
It looks very much on the fringe.

Are there other people who can give rapports on reception of the S1 beam in Cyprus?