Ebay Sat finders

chib

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate Super FTA 1000D, 85cm Digiquest dish,Skystar 2 card,Moteck SG2100A motor, Netgem i-player,Hauppauge WinToGo TV card
My Location
London,England
hi all

I ve given up trying to randomly guessing satellite positions by using the sun's position.

I ve been looking at Sat finders on Ebay and noticed they only measure 900 -2300Mhz. My point is if Sat a beaming down signals in the Ku Band (11Ghz) how does the sat finder measure this.

or is the Ku Band signal down converted by the sat finder before displayiing the signal intensity of its dial ??:confused

cheers
chib

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The LNB is a Low Noise Block Converter (also known as an LNBC) and down converts the incoming signal to something in the range you mention the meter can receive.

chib

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate Super FTA 1000D, 85cm Digiquest dish,Skystar 2 card,Moteck SG2100A motor, Netgem i-player,Hauppauge WinToGo TV card
My Location
London,England
Cheers rolw. I did not realise that the sat finder had to be plugged into the Lnb.
CHib