Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
30MB ADSL ONO, Spain
32" Internet connected TV
Many Satellite Dishes.
Humax HD Freesat Box
My Location
Spain
Just received a so called payment recieved conformation, but it was sent from the buyers email address, is that normal? Its still marked as payment not received on ebay. Stupidly, i just confirmed my password from the email, im changing it as we speak, by on paypal.com as a saftey measure, but now on paypal it does confirm payment as recieved. Whats going on?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Sounds like a phishing attempt. NEVER confirm any passwords or "log into" your account from emails that arrive unexpectedly supposedly from ebay, paypay banks etc. If you do its a sure fire way of getting our account emptied pdq by the scammers.

And a general point only ever use the web address published by the bank etc if you need to log in.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
That's how PayPal works...

You will be sent an email that offers you a link to the PayPal site to check the payment. The reason you have to log on is the email could have gone to the wrong address.

You don't have to use that link (I would advise you not to, just incase).

Access your PayPal account from the direct URL and check the payment. What you need to check is if the payment address is 'confirmed'.

The UK PayPal main site address is _http://www.paypal.co.uk/uk

This will change to https when you log on.

Hope this helps.

BadWithComputer

The Local Drunkard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
30MB ADSL ONO, Spain
32" Internet connected TV
Many Satellite Dishes.
Humax HD Freesat Box
My Location
Spain
I changed the password. I had to go to the bank and empty most out of the account just incase. What a pain. On paypal it was actually marked as paid, so I´ll send the item anyway. Thanks everyone.

Alex

Maurice1

Reaction score
My Location
DUblin
Alex,
Thanks for making us wide to this scam
Maurice