Echostar AD3000IP Memory corruption

Status
Not open for further replies.

crisna

Reaction score
I have a Echostar AD3000 IP with memory corruption. This happens after an upgraded from version 200 to 900 using echostar tools available on echostar web page.
Can any one help me to fixe this?
thanks

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
200 to 900 requires two steps if I remember correctly

What comes on the front panel when you first start the machine ?

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Echostar changed the loader and a great deal many other items when then upgraded fthe firmware from version 200 to 300.

normally you were required to upgrade the software from 200 to 300 version 300 did also change the receiver so that you could not then revert back to 200 due to the differance in loader now installed on your receiver.

a further major change took place if i remember from version 500 through 700

What is your current error code? is there one showing when you first turn the receiver on?

Additionally all of the upgrades require a complete reset - has this been completed?

During the upgrade from 200-300 there were also many Hardware failures that required the resetting/replacement of the EEPROM by Echostar.

My first suggestion would be to try to downgrade your reciever back to version 300, and then upgrade to 600 and then to the current version 900.

If your reciever is still in warrnanty - (i assume it is not with the age of your firmware) Echostar will reset the eeprom and install Firmware version 900 automatically.

Good Look

regards

Old Satellite

crisna

Reaction score
Channel Hopper said:
200 to 900 requires two steps if I remember correctly

What comes on the front panel when you first start the machine ?

It's comes U900

Yes it requires two steps. I followed the instructions available on echostar page.

crisna

Reaction score
crisna said:
It's comes U900

Yes it requires two steps. I followed the instructions available on echostar page.

Further major changes took place from version 300 to 400. From version 400 it is possible OTA services.
How can I back to version 300. Is it possible?

Thanks for sugestions

>COR<

Reaction score
My Location
Sneek, HOLLAND
Hi,

If you get hold of the V300 file you can get back, but why?

If the V900 works it is a lot better as the V300 version, i have V901 beta in my reciever since a year, the latest version.

If the memory is corrupted, going back to an older version is no solution.
The chip needs replacing, costing about 40 Pounds in the UK.

I still use mine, now 4.5 years old, and do not intend to change in the near future.

CHeers,
Cor.

R

robbins1940

I have the same problem on the ad3000ipva model.

Been told it could be a faultly epprom chip.

David

crisna

Reaction score
If the chip is faulty can any one tell me his reference. Is it atmel or a serial prom 24Cxxx. And what about hex or bin file to progrm it?

Thanks to all

Crisna

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
The safest option is to return to Echostar support network and allow them to replace and update your reciever.

The upgrade option at home is not so simple as the EEprom is a LQFP form device.

UK based Echostar support repair centres will repair for less than approx 50 quid a much safer option i would suggest.

regards

Old Satellite

ron2

Reaction score
YES I am new here hi everyone, my problem is that my echo 3000ip rec when I turn it on and download the satellite channels my channel listings comes up with the writing in a mess and parts of the words missing,So I do not know what channel I am on.My software is 900 ver which I upgraded via a null cable on my pc,any ideas what my problem is thanks in advance.

>COR<

Reaction score
My Location
Sneek, HOLLAND
hello Ron,

Same problem
A faulty eeprom shows up with weird channel names, and developping more and more faults as the chip progresses to go bust.

The replacement of the chip is worth the money, they will put in the newest version of the software too.

CHeers,

Cor.

ron2

Reaction score
>COR< said:
hello Ron,

Same problem
A faulty eeprom shows up with weird channel names, and developping more and more faults as the chip progresses to go bust.

The replacement of the chip is worth the money, they will put in the newest version of the software too.

CHeers,

Cor.
Thanks for reply I got it back to 400 upgrade,but not back to 300 or 200.do I need a patch or IS THERE A SITE other than Echostar where I can get help or software to be able to correct this before I end up taking it back to get chip done.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Whats wrong with downloading the 900 version from the Echostar site ?

ron2

Reaction score
I already had the 900 software but the program listings show up messed up so I cannot read what channel I AM ON.I read forums and one said try and go back to 200 vers and load upwards this might sort out my flash eprom problem.

>COR<

Reaction score
My Location
Sneek, HOLLAND
You can download the V901 beta software too, running fine here for 13 + months.
But your flash problem is not correctable, the flash ic is slowly degrading block by block.
This problem is irreversable, it is a wellknown fault in the Echostar recievers.

Cheers,

Cor.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
>COR< said:
But your flash problem is not correctable, the flash ic is slowly degrading block by block.
This problem is irreversable, it is a wellknown fault in the Echostar recievers.

And quite a few others, Manhattans have been afflicted with the problem right from the first digital receiver, DSR2500 and later. Cheap sources of defective components , and an overwriting failure in the design of the firmware it seems, shorten the life of the memory within months of the manufacture

>COR<

Reaction score
My Location
Sneek, HOLLAND
Hello Channel Hopper,
My AD 3000 IP now 4 years old, on for 12 to 18 hours a day but heatsinks on the memory, cpu and all other hot chips from the start, and an 8 cm fan blowing in cold air over the psu and then the rest of the reciever.
This brought the temperature of the chips down from +60 degrees celsius measured on the top to less as 30 degrees.

Never had a problem with the eeprom..

Cheers,

Cor.

ron2

Reaction score
>COR< said:
You can download the V901 beta software too, running fine here for 13 + months.

Cheers,

Cor.
thanks for reply guess it needs a new chip can u tell me what the chip no is and where is it located on board thanks.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Dear Ron
It appears to be more than just a simple hardware change. The flash chip has to have information preprogrammed into it before its fitted, otherwise it will not function in the receiver

I cannot confirm if this is true, but I have heard this from a number of reliable sources

>COR<

Reaction score
My Location
Sneek, HOLLAND
Hi,

Indeed, the flash needs a bootloader when put in the reciever.
If an dealer does the replacement then the latest software is put in the eeprom too.
So, it is not just the "simple" replacement of the chip itself.

Echostar stated that for the older AD 3000 IP a new software version is eminent, lets wait for that too, but you need the chip relaced anyway.

Still don't see a reason to replace my reciever, it works fine, i get from 50 east to 50 west here, and the MR initialises perfect in it.

Cheers,

Cor.

Status
Not open for further replies.