Echostar + MM

nobbly

Reaction score
My Location
Not in UK
Does the Echostar work well with the MM. Is see that Nickolai has a Echostar AD3000IP . Does this work well with the MM and can you have T"P"S".

Does the Freecam also work well with Echostar recievers ?

Oh I'm full of questions today...

If you were to choose between the Echostar AD3600 IP or the Samsung DSR 9500 2x Via emb, 2 x CI which would it be...

At the Mo my Nokia 9800s is heading for the rubish BIN and the credit cards might have to take another bashing.

nobbly

malling

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Midlands UK
You could even think about a Manhattan 6800 very good receiver. All cam as standard. Using one a moment with season interface and Wallbanger and am getting very good results with it.

Well recomended!! :D

tirosh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar AD3600IPVA
Channel Master 1.2M
VxMulti, MM1.04
My Location
Essex
nobbly,

I have the Echo AD3600 and I am very happy with it. My brother's one required a couple of visits to Eurosat to sort out a problem with the positioner. Can't compare this to other receivers as it's the only one that I have had.

Tirosh.

Nickolai

Reaction score
My Location
Berkshire
nobbly,

good question!
I general, I would characterise the relationship between Echostar and MM as reasonable, or not too bad.
I have no complaints about my setup - it works really well. :D
There are minor issues, like people with MM v.1.02 can not open PG at 16E, or TV C@bo at 30W resets frequently etc. (fixed, now I believe). There were also problems with T_PS, affecting many MM users recently, these are also fixed now. These are no major problems, however. So, yes, you can watch it. ;)
The weakest point of the AD 3x00 IP series is the built-in positioner - it rarely delivers.
The updated EchoNAV software, however, is an asset. :p
Do you really need analogue reception?
If not, my current preferred "value for money" option would be Humax 5100 (2xCI) + MM + V box + actuator.

martinr

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hello Nickolai,

must say I couldn't agree less!

I've had echostars since way back (starting with a 5500) and currently have a 3600. Don't know why you say the positioner rarely delivers as this is definitely NOT a problem with echostars at all.

Echonav on the other hand with its incomprehensible icon based menus is in my humble opine a heap of shite. The old wordy menus of the 3000 were much better.

Now they seem to have sorted out the eeprom failings of earlier models I really do think they're fine for function and quality.

I also have a Manhattan 5800 by the way on a fixed dish and this is also good especially wrt the built in CAM.

Cheers
martinr

rickster7

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
chester
nobbly m8
im running an echostar ad3000ip via mm v1.03 & pent 1.05
no probs. can be a bit slow at times i've downloaded the 901
software from the echostar site but yet 2 get my arse in gear
and try it. im told its alot faster switching. hopefuly tell u all
about it in the not 2 distant

cheers 4 now

Nickolai

Reaction score
My Location
Berkshire
@martinr

I feel slightly offended with your message, as it suggests lack of thoroughness in my observations.

Don't know why you say the positioner rarely delivers as this is definitely NOT a problem with echostars at all...Echonav on the other hand with its incomprehensible icon based menus is in my humble opine a heap of shite.
Your brave statements are based, it seems, only on your own personal experience, which might be quite long term but not comprehensive. If you read my post again, you will see that I only refer to AD3000 and AD3600. The internal positioner in your 3600 works well - good for you! Yet, if you go to an Echostar forum you will easily find that many people have problems with positioners in their AD3x000 receivers, specifically associated with over-sensitive Reed sensors.
I have no personal experience with EchoNav, but very respected individulas, such as 2old, praised the software for its abilities and added functionality.
Therefore, I do not quite get your point and suggest your work on your written communication skills, if at all possible.

tirosh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar AD3600IPVA
Channel Master 1.2M
VxMulti, MM1.04
My Location
Essex
Nickolai, from my own personal experience I can concur with your comments 100%.

Positioner - 1 out of 2 receivers had a positioner problem
EchoNav - Very easy to use, even for techno illiterate people.

Tirosh.

martinr

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well I'm sorry if you feel offended - no offence was intended, only to correct what I saw as misleading info.

I am not actually working on the basis of my own individual experience. I don't usually mention it in forums like this because I don't want to be accused of advertising, but as well as being my great long term hobby, satellite TV is also my business and has been for the last 11 years. I therefore have enormous experience of many different brands of equipment. I have sold and installed many Echostar systems and I have great respect for them, functionally.

In my (genuinely extensive) experience I have NEVER had ANY problems with the positioners in ANY Echostars. I have had occassional problems with motor arms and reed switches, but this can hardly be attributed to the receiver. I also know only too well that people often jump to ill-considered opinions about such things and add 2 and 2 to make 5.

I am sorry you have not seen the Echonav for yourself before recommending it to others. I can assure you that most people who have find it daunting until they get used to it (assuming they can be bothered). The word-based menus of the 3000 are far more intuitive and easy to use.

As to my communications skills - well, maybe I had better revise my description of Echonav to TOTAL shite.

Regards
martinr