Echostar software problem

jap64

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar DSB2110via2ci
80cm Triax twin lnb 13 east and 19.2 east
My Location
Newport, Gwent, United Kingdom
Sorry for the confusion guys, for the record its not a serial to usb cable ive tried that and moved on to the bog standard serial cables.

Thanks for all your help, Im officially giving up now.

Regards
Ian

jap64

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar DSB2110via2ci
My Location
I appreciate that, but how do you know its going on to your receiver from the pc, it seems a bit pointless.

Regards
Ian

Analoguesat said:
A bin file is a binary file. You dont need to do anything with a bin apart from load it onto the receiver.

Are you using a usb to serial adapter?These are flaky at the best of times - esppecially if the usb port has a com port setting that isnt recognised by the loader software.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Perhaps Llew could confirm whether or not the Echostar uses a bog standard serial cable, I thought most stb's used a null modem cable?

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Yes. it's a null modem (handshaking) cable. The only thing I can think of is that Ian has a Male/Female straight cable. Unusual, but there are such cables.

jap64

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar DSB2110via2ci
My Location
I am using a serial null modem cable, well thats what it said when I ordered it. Im sorry Im not quite au fait with the connections I didnt know there was any difference

Anyway there is obviously something fundamentally wrong with what I am doing, as I have followed the echostar instructions to the letter.

Its time to call it a day.

Thanks for all your`e help.

Regards
Ian
Topper said:
Perhaps Llew could confirm whether or not the Echostar uses a bog standard serial cable, I thought most stb's used a null modem cable?