satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Brief demonstration of NIT feature (identifies a satellite by using the Network Information Table on transponders), spectrum display and general measurements.

This compact meter has a 3" LCD, weighs in at 2Kg and at under £300 is within the reach of many hobbyists, but offers enough features and measurements to satisfy a professional installer, some of which like NIT are not available on meters six times the price.

Examples shown for two satellites. Spectrum trace: 18v Horizontal/Low band, full span.

Astra 28.2°East

View attachment 24188 New feature on the second generation Micro+ G2. Full spectrum trace as shown 18v/0kHz.

View attachment 24189 Measurements showing NIT information, SNR, BER (before correction) and constellation diagram.

View attachment 24190 SAT ID function searching for NIT.

View attachment 24192 Easyfind feature. Also showing NIT information, BER and confirmation of a signal lock. Audible tone during alignment.

View attachment 24191 Large constellation diagram also showing MER (Modulation Error Ratio).

Intelsat/Thor 1.0°West

View attachment 24197 18v/0kHz

View attachment 24195 As above, measurements showing NIT information, SNR, BER (before correction) and constellation diagram.

View attachment 24196 SAT ID function searching for NIT.

View attachment 24194 Easyfind feature. Also showing NIT information, BER and confirmation of a signal lock. Audible tone during alignment.

View attachment 24193 Large constellation diagram also showing MER (Modulation Error Ratio).

Conclusion: A cracking little meter displaying all the necessary information required for dish alignment and of course, the main feature is being able to read NIT.

Attachments

• 28e spec.JPG
    28e spec.JPG
    344.8 KB · Views: 772
  • 28e Measurments.JPG
    28e Measurments.JPG
    308.7 KB · Views: 746
  • 28e NIT.JPG
    28e NIT.JPG
    334.4 KB · Views: 651
  • 28e constellation diagram.JPG
    28e constellation diagram.JPG
    395.9 KB · Views: 613
  • 28e easyfind NIT.JPG
    28e easyfind NIT.JPG
    303.6 KB · Views: 658
  • 1w spec.JPG
    1w spec.JPG
    176.2 KB · Views: 606
  • 1w NIT.JPG
    1w NIT.JPG
    264.9 KB · Views: 512
  • 1w Measurements.JPG
    1w Measurements.JPG
    213.7 KB · Views: 540
  • 1w easyfind NIT.JPG
    1w easyfind NIT.JPG
    319.5 KB · Views: 510
  • 1w constellation diagram.JPG
    1w constellation diagram.JPG
    334.8 KB · Views: 493
  • satlook Micro G2.jpg
    satlook Micro G2.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 744
  • satlook Micro G2 with carry case.jpg
    satlook Micro G2 with carry case.jpg
    488.8 KB · Views: 612

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
The latest Satlook Micro+G2 firmware also includes a GotoX / DiSEqC 1.3 / USALS function.

The G2 has a Latitude and Longitude function to enable entry of coordinates. Once the values are entered, the Satlook can be used to command a GotoX and move to a satellite orbital position. Carried out by using the control knob to indicate the angle and then pressing the black button to execute the function.

003.JPG

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 316
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 328

Birdseeker

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SATELLITE
My Location
AUSTRALIA
satelliteman said:
The latest Satlook Micro+G2 firmware also includes a GotoX / DiSEqC 1.3 / USALS function.

The G2 has a Latitude and Longitude function to enable entry of coordinates. Once the values are entered, the Satlook can be used to command a GotoX and move to a satellite orbital position. Carried out by using the control knob to indicate the angle and then pressing the black button to execute the function.

View attachment 24516View attachment 24515View attachment 24514

Can you explain this section in detail please such as how do you connect the meter to the disk, do you need the help of the receicever tha connected to the actuator? Thank you

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Information is in the above text. The meter will drive a DISEqC motor but not 36v. A receiver is not needed and connection is via a simple fly cable.

Birdseeker

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SATELLITE
My Location
AUSTRALIA
satelliteman said:
Information is in the above text. The meter will drive a DISEqC motor but not 36v. A receiver is not needed and connection is via a simple fly cable.

Hi, Thank you very much. I had see the text yesterday, thank you very much.

I tried he 36V actuator yesterday but must connected via the V-box to do that, it can move the disk and the positionf untion also worked fine. However, the Go to X has not work for me on 36V motor.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
USALS/Goto X does not work through a V-box. Diseqc 1.2 only.

Birdseeker

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SATELLITE
My Location
AUSTRALIA
Robbo said:
USALS/Goto X does not work through a V-box. Diseqc 1.2 only.

Thank you Robbo. I only has the 36 V motor. I wish somebody in this forum who are good at the meter do a video clip, that wil be handy.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
I just bought the meter today. LOL, not used it yet.

...a video clip of what exactly?

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Measurement information and screen functions are displayed in posts 1 and 2.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
looks nice meter now with the extras on this model, tempted to get rid of my horizon meter and get one of these. how much do they go for ?

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Approx £265 delivered.

chavo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu uno, VU Duo2, sky dish, 2 zone 2 dishes for 19.2 and 23.5. Satlink meter, rover STCeu meter. Tripod with a dish for messing around.
My Location
North West England
Manual in English for the Satlook Micro G2 and the HD

petediscrete

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
mvision hd200 combo + Technomate 5400 Super+ technomate diseqc motor+ TD110 dish
My Location
Ireland and Gran Canaria
Satelliteman, do you know the best place/price to get the Satlook Micro G2.Very nervous about ordering online these days so was hoping someone who has already purchase online can advise me.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Try our site sponsors first, failing that google will produce results for distributors who supply the Micro :)

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Latest firmware update for the G2 - Firmware smG2HD-120:

1) In Digital mode, if the display was switched to the Large Constellation, then the beeper would continue to sound, but SNR changes would not change the pitch. Fixed.

2) In Spectrum mode, a beeper function is added to report the signal level at the cursor with pitch changes.

3) The spectrum sweep always was set at 3 on power up. Now the spectrum sweep is set to 3 when the firmware is upgraded, and from then on is saved as the user last set it.

4) The knob acceleration has been improved so that large changes in frequency (or positioner angle and others) can be selected easier.

5) Improve the Digital -> Search for lower levels by changing the dB threshhold from -70 to -85. This does make the search slower, but will now lock on low level signals. Tested with 20+ dB attenuator insertion.

6) Add the "lock boxes" similar to the old generation G2 software. For the G2 demodulator, these represent the same four phases of lock.

QPSK Lock
Descrambler Lock
Byte Align Lock
Viterbi Lock

For the HD demodulator the same indicators are not available so these are:
Tuner Mixer Lock
Tuner DAC Lock
FEC Lock
Demod Lock

7) Add Turkish to the language selections available.

8) On firmware upgrade, set the default BlindTune Modulation to 3. (Turn off the Low Symbol Rate search)

9) Add a mode "Analog NIT" which replaces the second LNB thermometer bar with a NIT search in the band. Switching back to the standard view is a function in the Analog menu which is a saved parameter so the user selection is retained at power on. This is working reasonably quickly for satellites like 13E or 19.2E, but can be considerably slower for some like 7E.

10) "Searching" and "Not Locked" on Digital mode was only in English. Change these message to the language in use.

11) Add a function on Digital menu "Tuning" to manually tune hard to lock signals. Normally, the demodulator will try a symbol rate and FEC (and for the BCM4506 a modulation) only for a while and if no lock will try another. This allows setting of modulation, FEC and symbol rate for demodulator and will remain with these settings until knob turned.

In addition, an upgrade for Micro G2 & HD has been released for a faster spectrum.
The developers have been working on this feature for months, and now it is ready.
Micro_G2-HD_110-EU - Firmware

Source: Emitior

Just updated, some great improvements.

excollier

Bikes, Booze, Rock & Blues
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TD 64 and Humax Foxsat HDR with Raydon's custom firmware
My Location
County Donegal - furthest outpost of the EUSSR
Is this update any better than 118 which was the last one I updated with. Doesn't seem much different.
Great meter though!

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Would've thought there were some improvements. There is also an update for: Minor bugfixes and improved battery runtime. _http://www.emitor.se/extra/news/?module_instance=1&id=99&navid=&newscat=&newslist=limit5_date

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Standard on the Micro HD and available on the current firmware update for the G2 is the X-Polarity measurement.

In addition to using the spectrum screen, this measurement can provide a quick visual reference of the signal level of vertical and horizontal polarisations at a given frequency. This can be used to adjust the LNb skew for maximum cross polar isolation.

Attachments

• x-pol.jpg
    x-pol.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 154

excollier

Bikes, Booze, Rock & Blues
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TD 64 and Humax Foxsat HDR with Raydon's custom firmware
My Location
County Donegal - furthest outpost of the EUSSR
satelliteman said:
Standard on the Micro HD and available on the current firmware update for the G2 is the X-Polarity measurement.

In addition to using the spectrum screen, this measurement can provide a quick visual reference of the signal level of vertical and horizontal polarisations at a given frequency. This can be used to adjust the LNb skew for maximum cross polar isolation.

This feature was on the previous update 118 but I will update to see if it has any extras.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Think a few minor fixes.