emulator

m_atef

Reaction score
My Location
Egypt
Dear All,

I would like to know 2 things:

1) the pinout for the cable between the Season interface and the PC comm port (9 pin male - 9 pin female)

2) a good emulator software for the season interface

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Depending on what you are trying to emulate, Wallbanger is good, but for some encryptions you need a Linux based Emulator, there should be some chat about it in the Conax forum. Do a search for season, emulator or linux.

m_atef

Reaction score
My Location
Egypt
Sorry ROLFW i am not aware of all that staff, I just bought a season interface and want to try it on my Humax 5400 Z,I want to be able to watch as much channels on the Hispasat 30W. It is very impottant for me to know the cable pin assignment and what emulator software i will need on my PC. Sorry if you find my questions silly, but i am not used to that staff, I know you are so helpful please be patient as much as you can

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Don't find the question silly at all, don't know the pin out I'm afraid, I bought the cable for mine at the same time, but it is a standard serial cable.

Before you decide which Emulator you want to use, you need to establich what encryption you want to emulate. Wallbanger is good for what is left of the Nagra channels on 30W, but you need a Linux Emulator for the Conax channels.

Don't normally like to send people to other forums, but there is a whols section dedicated to the Season Interface at Satdudez

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The emulators and Season system have connection by a standard serial connector
Pin 1 to pin 1 , pin 2 to 2 etc