My Satellite Setup
2x Dm800
1xDm7000
My Location
CEE
End of E2 is coming but slowly

Goliath – more than just digital TV
Dream revolutionises the consumption of digital media
Dream Multimedia, the leading provider of Linux-based set-top boxes, will provide visitors to the Anga Cable show, which takes place from the 12th to the 14th of June 2012 with a glimpse into the future of digital media. Dream will be presenting its Goliath project at its stand, E34 in hall 10.2.
Goliath is a totally new hardware and software product, combining all the features of the successful Dreambox series, and indeed will go
beyond that. The project will set new standards in terms of speed and innovation, and will revolutionise the manner in which media contents are consumed. Goliath is currently still at the development stage, and it can thus not yet be stated precisely when the product will be available in the trade.
However, Dream will provide a glimpse of the future of digital media at the Anga Cable show. Goliath will be introduced for the first time in
a video. In addition, visitors to the Dream Multimedia stand at the show can get an actual feel for this innovative hardware.

Dream spokesperson Alpaslan Karasu: „While others are still busy cloning and copying, we at Dream are already building the future, in
the shape of Goliath. Right from the start, Dream Multimedia has focussed on the convergence of television and the Internet. These
years of experience are now being brought into the development of Goliath. Goliath will lead the consumption of digital media into a new
era.“

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Well, it's long on PR bull and almost zero on real information. I'm still unclear on what the product will do that's so revolutionary.

A nonymous

Reaction score
If Dream Multimedia think that everybody is going to drop enigma just like that they are living in cloud cuckoo land. Even if this Goliath does take off it will be running alongside Enigma for a very long time to come.

You can almost guarantee that it won't be open sourced which will ultimately kill it off.

Again its Dream grasping at the demise of their over priced kit :-lmao

strs65

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Decoders: VU+ Uno, DR.HD F15
DVB cards: TBS6983, TBS 6925
Dish 1: Tecatel 1.10m
LNB1: Smart Oxid
Motor: Amiko DM3800
Dish 2: Gibertini 125L, with actuator
LNB2: Invacom QDF-031
My Location
Greece (Crete - Chania)
Well, Dream Multimedia should be more careful in choosing names. After all there was a David that killed Goliath... :rolleyes:

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Sounds interesting but I wouldn't miss E2 if we went back to E1 (there was nothing wrong with it). Just like there's nothing wrong with E2 (AS will, of course, disagree) but I guess they are moving on.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Captain Jack said:
Sounds interesting but I wouldn't miss E2 if we went back to E1 (there was nothing wrong with it). Just like there's nothing wrong with E2 (AS will, of course, disagree) but I guess they are moving on.

I certainly will disagree :D :-rofl2

Big-Apple

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2x Dm800
1xDm7000
My Location
CEE
Reason: Making post readable <- mark which words was "too empty" for you coz i understand all what's @ bottom

Azbox will realase their receiver under Anroid

Big-Apple

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2x Dm800
1xDm7000
My Location
CEE
dreambox-blog.com/index.php/7117/goliath-neue-dreambox-und-nachfolger-von-enigma2

they r unhappy with broadcom

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
the convergence of television and the Internet

Hmm.. unless it's voice activated and/ or TVs become touchscreen I think they mean "streaming content from film providers"?

zoro25

Attack of the Clones
Reaction score
Website
www.thetestmanager.com
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800 - Nabilosat Image and 250gig Hard-drive (pointing at 28.2E)
Dreambox 7020 with 120 gig hard-drive disk - running a motorised dish
DM600 +DM500
although only usually the 800 and 7020 are both on.
My Location
UK
nothing new here.
We have had smart TV's which do this for a couple of years now.

Dream are trailing on this one. unless of course they work out a way to share the online media content? even then nothing a PC can't do.

AZBox moving to Android and VU+ moving to XBMP. So this is just Dream copying and not leading.

I have loved dream kit in the last and still use an DM800 as my main box but if I was to buys today it would not be a DM kit. it would be VU+

Big-Apple

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2x Dm800
1xDm7000
My Location
CEE
point is not every1 want to use xmbc on receivers i prefer to use 34$ crappy chinese player who can play over 60mbit quality HD files who have SDHC cards reader builded in with camcoder storage files for now there will be nothing new on enigma2 just plugins and maybe next file system exfat this file system is able to save 1 file of 16EiB size where NTFS max is 16TBs.

All i need 4 now is 1Gbit ethernet in receivers and maybe some producers with prepare for the future with new dvb heads 16PSK