English premier league ? ?

dan44762000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
windows 7
My Location
swansea
at the moment i am using a sky hd+ subscription with sports for my footie , or i will try and find a stream online , however i believe there are channels that broadcast all the premier leauge football .
not sure what its called , i would now like to get that channel , i have no equiptment at all so what do i need ?

many thanks daniel

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
There are a few .... but the topical one is Viasat.

However, there are signs that this may not be a dead-cert right now.

Don't jump just yet.

andyxxxx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox DM800HD - Technomate TM600 - Technomate TM500 Super - SkyBox F5 -- Triax TD110 Dish on TM2600 Motor - Zone 1 sky dish
My Location
Newcastle, UK
Nova Greece have pretty good coverage but certainly not ALL of the games (for instance, at this moment in time I have a choice between Arsenal - Everton, Liverpool - QPR, Man U - Wolves or Newcastle - Norwich), and will cover both games tomorrow, all with english commentary. The cards can be hard to come by but I have a good local dealer. Can be picked up on quite a small dish on 13e aswell which is a plus.

As above Viasat has every game with English comm but many people (including my brother) are having problems with their official cards at the moment and the future is uncertain.

Tring Albania has good coverage but very poor picture quality and has also had problems recently with official cards not clearing games.

It's a funny game at the moment with no real certainty.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Arsenal-Everton is fta on RTS1 Senegal on 7E.

However a question for the OP - how much are you willing to pay for your footy fix - the best subscriptions are £2k a year if you want HD.

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
AD Sports on Nilesat 7W show ALL live Premier League matches .

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Zorba said:
AD Sports on Nilesat 7W show ALL live Premier League matches .

And is completely impractical in much of the UK due to the dish size required for Nilesat 201 :D

Most folks dont have room for an 8 foot dish.....

JOHN896

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 2.4m Dish Fixed On 9.0 East Ka Band.Channel Master 1.2m Dish.Satellite Reception From,53.0E-45.0W.
My Location
Swansea Uk
The best package is ADMC Sports much better than Viasat,all 380 games live in hd and english com,however as your in swansea you will need a 2.4m dish and point the dish at 26 East Badr 6.I did have Admc sports the best package for epl games.

excollier

Bikes, Booze, Rock & Blues
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TD 64 and Humax Foxsat HDR with Raydon's custom firmware
My Location
County Donegal - furthest outpost of the EUSSR
JOHN896 said:
The best package is ADMC Sports much better than Viasat,all 380 games live in hd and english com,however as your in swansea you will need a 2.4m dish and point the dish at 26 East Badr 6.I did have Admc sports the best package for epl games.

In which case you might just as well pay Mr. Murdoch his dues, and watch it all on Sky with ESPN added, or get an Irish card for Setanta Ireland, surely far cheaper.
Not that I have any liking of Sky, or football, for that matter.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
excollier said:
In which case you might just as well pay Mr. Murdoch his dues, and watch it all on Sky with ESPN added, or get an Irish card for Setanta Ireland, surely far cheaper.
Not that I have any liking of Sky, or football, for that matter.

They dont show the holy grail games - the 3pms.

excollier

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sorry, my mistake.
Seems like O'l Rupy and the FA are going to have it their way in the end, judging by the fun and games with Tring and now Viasat.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Of course if FAPL allowed the 3pms to be shown in the uk via Sky everyone would be happy & the trade in foreign cards would virtually disappear overnight..

The punters would get the games they want to see
The football clubs would get more money from the tv rights
Sky would get more income from their sports channels

Of course thats far too obvious to ever actually happen....

JOHN896

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 2.4m Dish Fixed On 9.0 East Ka Band.Channel Master 1.2m Dish.Satellite Reception From,53.0E-45.0W.
My Location
Swansea Uk
Any ideas if Murdoch and the Fa will cause Admc sports any problems,so far they have not and also when showtime had the rights for the epl.There were no problems there either.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
ADMC is so difficult to get in the UK via satellite due to the dish size required I doubt its in more than a low few hundred properties in the UK. Therefore its not much of a problem.

Tring & Viasat have gone mainstream now - just here on the forum we have had mention of folks selling "hundreds" of Viasat boxes to pubs especially.

excollier

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
If FA allowed Sky the 3pm Saturday games, just imagine the price that pubs would have to pay.
It's already extortionate, the word shark springs to mind...

dan44762000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
windows 7
My Location
swansea
thanks for all the replies , right i have a budget of £250 for my first setup , i think for ease of use and ability dreambox is the way to go , been told i would need a triax 1.2 mtr motorised dish but then been told a 1.1mtr will be ok .

so can people now sugggest some kit for me to enjoy getting the best of the footie and films , hd channels etc
i believe the more satelites i am connected too the more channels i will get but what are the prices of cards to get these channels ? as i am assuming the free to air stuff isnt that good .
all help appreciated , have jsut put a post in the installer section to see if i can get someone too help in "swansea"
thanks daniel

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
TV2 Norway PL on 1W are showing 3PM matches in HD and you don't need a huge dish for it in much of the UK. I haven't actually seen any CD Norway cards for sale, though.... I have an expired CD Finland card, through a Finnish friend and I paid 29 Euros a month just for Canal+ sport and film channels, which was a lot! I don't expect CD Norway cards to be any cheaper - especially with with PL sub on it.