richardinalex

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Alexandria, Egypt
Just got my Humax PVR Freesat box - quite happy with it all

Setting it up was OK - no real issues.

Mrs asked whether we could add some more of the free channels - so I used the "manual add channels" part of the menu and got everything from 28.2 - including all the scrambled stuff - obviously not a good idea.

So I reinstalled all the Freesat - to its default position - and added just radio channels from the 11623 Transponder - she likes Magic radio

It looked like 8 channels were added - looks about right - there are about 8 radio channels on that transponder (according to Lyngsat).

Accepted them all - went to look at EPG (I think its called "Guide" in Humax land) - and all the video channels had changed.

Instead of starting with

101 - BBC1
102 - BBC2
103 - ITV1

etc

It read

7001 - Channel 4
7002 - Channel 4 (NI)
etc.

Any reason why this happens - and can I get a fix to simply add 1 channel to the system without messing up the existing numbering?

Ta

Richard

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Are you in non-freesat mode by any chance.

G

The numbering is different depending upon which mode you are in.

In Freesat mode, you are stuck with fixed Channel numbers from 101 upwards.

Although you can delete unwanted Channels, you cannot make any further changes to the EPG.

In non-Freesat mode, the EPG is fully customisable. After scanning, the TV Channels are numbered from 5001 upwards. Radio Channels start at something else (can't quite recall what and I am not in front of my Box at the moment.

However, the Edit functions are powerful and you can not only delete and rename Channels, but also move them to wherever you want.

eg If a favourite TV Channel was at 5334 after scanning, you could move it to 5001.

Also, there is no need to scan all TV/Radio: In the same way you've found you can scan just for Radio on just one TP, you can also scan one or all TPs for FTA TV, so you won't get all the Encrypted stuff showing up.

Just a matter of completing the Humax driving test!

richardinalex

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Alexandria, Egypt
Before the scan, BBC1 (East) was channel 101

Now its channel 5**1

Channel 101 (and all its 3 digit mates) have been swapped into a 4 digit family.

Can I create a new channel 101 - and move 5**1 to newly created 101?

AND (nothing like getting another question in)

What do you guys mean by "Freesat Mode"? - I think I was outside of FreeSat - I was manually adding channels from a transponder.

AND (heres a cheeky third question)

How can I quickly run through the "new" channel list and delete scrambled channels - is there a Lyngsat type page that indicates "Sky Only" type channels?

Thanks chaps

Richard

G

You are in non-Freesat Mode. As previously stated, Channel numbering in this mode starts at 5001.

The numbers from 101 are reserved for Freesat mode.

To change to Freesat Mode, simply press Menu>Settings>TV Setup then scroll to the last item and toggle the Mode. Your 101 will be as it was before.

As regards your non-Freesat list, don't bother deleting all the Scrambled stuff. Go into the Edit menu and you'll find that it is possible to select all and delete. That will empty your list and you can just scan again for FTA.

As said previously, this is all part of learning to drive the Box.