EPG on Gemini - how?

dennismeng

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 with Gemini image. Using SmarGo cardreader as well as internal.
My Location
Denmark
Hi guys,

I'm so far the pleased owner of a DM800 with Gemini image running on it.
However, I am wondering why only the current playing program and following program is shown in the EPG. To me this seems very useless really...
What can I do, to enhance the EPG on the DM800 running Gemini? Would be awesome if I could see the EPG for days ahead on the channels - also making it alot easier to add Timers.

Regards
Dennis

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
What package are you talking about?
The reason only now and next is shown is because, that's all that's being transmitted from the satellite (in the clear). More advanced EPG like that on a sky digibox is only available with their proprietary boxes/software which know how to read the more detailed EPG data streams from the satellite.

Try the EPG-Evolution plugin or, the Nabilosat Blackhole II image, which has support for a more advanced EPG.

dennismeng

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Denmark
Package? ... If you mean which tv providers, it's Canal Digital and ViaSat (nordic ones). :)
I just tried out the EPG Evolution, and it's actually providing the functionality I was looking for. Unfortunately not integrated too well, meaning I can't start it directly with the Info button nor make timers through it once started through the Plugins menu :) but definately getting closer.

Switching image is at the moment not really interesting, as I have no clue what advantages the Nabilo has over the EPG - and what disadvantages it has :) compared to Gemini.
Hard to find such information really :)

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
My Location
NW, Ireland
dennismeng said:
Unfortunately not integrated too well, meaning I can't start it directly with the Info button nor make timers through it once started through the Plugins menu :) but definately getting closer.
Just set it so that the quick button (yellow) loads that plugin, or you can set the red button to load the external epg (press red twice).

You can set timers by pressing the colored buttons while browsing the schedule (Blue, I think sets a record timer).

Have a look through the manual on the EPG-Evolution website for more info.

dennismeng

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Denmark
Actually, it's the manual I can't find anywhere :)
Do you have a direct link for it? Been searching through the forum there with no luck.

Update:
I found a post from the author of the addon, telling that it does not support the add timers fucntionality, due to his lack of Python knowledge.

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
My Location
NW, Ireland
Timers work on the Enigma 1 images which I use, so I assumed they would with Enigma2 as well, but I guess not.

The main benefit with the DarkstarII image is that the epg is integrated in the image, therefore you'll be able to set timers etc in the normal way.