EPG Question

Rolandh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Zone 1 Mini Dish with a Quad LNB Feeding Astra 2 and EB 1 to a Humax Faxsat-HDR 500 and a Humax Foxsat-HD, A Quad LNB on the same Zone 1 Mini Dish Feedind Astra 1 to a Humax Foxsat-HD via a 2 port DiseqC Switch
My Location
Sheffield
Is the Skybox EPG 7 days on other sats like 19.2e or is it only now and next like on 28e. I'd check for myself but it means having to mess around setting up the 19.2e feed and tune in a 19.e TP. but as I was recommending it to someone over on the DS Forums I said that it might support 7 day EPG on other sats I'd like to find out quickly to let them know?

Roland

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
It supports 7 day EPG on all Satellites.

But what you get depends upon the Broadcaster - hence Now & Next on eg 28E (This data is integrated with the Channels themselves under the DVB S protocol, as opposed to the separate stream sent by Platfroms such as BSkyB, Freesat etc).

So on 19E, whilst 7 day EPG is supported, only a few German Channels actually send it.

In fact, you'll find that, across the arc, a great many Channels carry no EPG data whatsoever.

This is not a shortcoming of the Receiver, but a choice made by individual Broadcasters.

Rolandh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Zone 1 Mini Dish with a Quad LNB Feeding Astra 2 and EB 1 to a Humax Faxsat-HDR 500 and a Humax Foxsat-HD, A Quad LNB on the same Zone 1 Mini Dish Feedind Astra 1 to a Humax Foxsat-HD via a 2 port DiseqC Switch
My Location
Sheffield
Tivù said:
It supports 7 day EPG on all Satellites.

But what you get depends upon the Broadcaster - hence Now & Next on eg 28E (This data is integrated with the Channels themselves under the DVB S protocol, as opposed to the separate stream sent by Platfroms such as BSkyB, Freesat etc).

So on 19E, whilst 7 day EPG is supported, only a few German Channels actually send it.

In fact, you'll find that, across the arc, a great many Channels carry no EPG data whatsoever.

This is not a shortcoming of the Receiver, but a choice made by individual Broadcasters.

I was unsure as when I was using my Humax Foxsat-HD on 19.2e I was only getting now and next due to the Humax Freesat boxes only supporting Now and Next in none Freesat Mode. Will have to re setup the 19.2e feed and have a look at what channels support 7 days and what support only Now & Next.

Roland

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Yes, I have a couple of Foxsats too.

Very few Channels send anything more than Now & Next. Very few.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
There is always the teletext service for programme information, it's still used in Europe by a large number of providers.