Er, decrypting dvb t channels?

peevedslacker

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dvb t
My Location
tallinn
I know this is probably an easy question. However, i dont know it, so i will ask anyhow. I have a dvb t reciever, am located in Estonia and wish to see the other channels that are encrypted. What decryption software would i have to use?.....i am not too into any hardware that i might have to buy. Logically there must be some software out there that can do this? It just makes sense...... thankyou for the information.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
CAM plus Subscription would be the normal route.

Or are you wanting a "freebie"?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
peevedslacker said:
What decryption software would i have to use?.....i am not too into any hardware that i might have to buy. Logically there must be some software out there that can do this? It just makes sense...... thankyou for the information.

No idea I'm afraid, don't know what encryption they use, your assumption that there must be some software to decrypt it is probably incorrect, encryptions are way more complex than they were a few years ago.

peevedslacker

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dvb t
My Location
tallinn
with my monetary situation being what it is....id have to say yes...

additionally.... just thinking about it rationally, there must be software decryption out there. Because if my measly dvb t unit could..... show those encrypted channels, then that would mean the decryption would be no more than a small program installation or a ....well, i wont be getting any extra hardware, im assuming. Making me think of this software option?

But whats this CAM plus subscription? To understand how it all works thats all....i cant be paying for anything besides what i already am. But i am interested in the makeup of the system....

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You''l need to find a national forum which deals with your provider, but don't hold your breath waiting for a solution.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Its very simple - if you cant afford to buy the neccessary subscription then you do without the pay side of the service.

I very much doubt the hackers will bother with Estonian dtt - the potential rewards are far too small for the work involved

peevedslacker

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dvb t
My Location
tallinn
well yeah, just asking ..... i mean, i would never know otherwise.

But Ok, thanks alot...... nothing on tv right now :) so its back to playing guitar...

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
^^

A far more sensible use of your time

Rock n roll!! :D