Error UCO

network75

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Got this coming up on my 7020 screen. A foreign site suggests its a faulty chip. Any of you guys come across this?

ta

Tiggy

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
network75 said:
Hi Guys

Got this coming up on my 7020 screen. A foreign site suggests its a faulty chip. Any of you guys come across this?

ta

Sorry mate but I can't help you with this one other than suggesting posting it on the DMM website forum.

Hope that you get it sorted please report back to help others.

Can anyone else help?Regards,
Tiggy.
:-carrot

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia

network75

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I found that lonk too. I was just hoping for a second opinion. Thanks. Will let U know the outcome

Patsy1000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox
1 m dish
My Location
England north west
I got the same error on a brand new DB7020, just after installing a gemini mod was only running 30 mins.
I took it back to the sat shop where i bought it.
i will see what happends.

network75

Reaction score
Makes me feel a bit better that someone else has got the same error.

Strange that it has hapenned on 2 'new' boxes ??

network75

Reaction score
The supplier of my DB has contacted Dream and this is their response:

"this is a fault caused by putting in the wrong or dodgy software inside probably from a site that is not secure or recommended."

A chip needs to be replaced and it would need to come back for service.

I'm a mechanical engineer and not an electronics engineer unfortunately. I'd appreciate a response from someone who can confirm this is a possibility .

Thanks in anticipation

Steve

Patsy1000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox
1 m dish
My Location
England north west
I was curius if NETWORK75 used the same mod or image software, on both of the faulty dreamboxes he had.

network75

Reaction score
Hi mate

I only have one box. I was referring to yours as the second.

What did the dealer do for you??

Patsy1000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox
1 m dish
My Location
England north west
The dealer gave me another Dreambox, he was confused at the error.
Now i am worried to put any software on this one, cos it must be a software thing.

network75

Reaction score
Hi Mate

I understand your concern. If we look at the facts though we should be ok.

It would appear that there is a rogue bit of software out there. Unfortunatley I dont recall which site I downloaded the Hydra from. What we must do is to ensure we get a version thats been TESTED by someone else on this site. The ftp process is straightforward. My software went on effortlessly and was successful. Clearly the problems started when the software was activated.

I'm waiting for my DB to be returned. If you have some success pls let me know.

Cheers, Steve

Patsy1000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox
1 m dish
My Location
England north west

Hi thought i would let u know i now sorted my Dreambox after being a little nervous of reflashing it after my UCO error.
This time i used my internet browser instead of the compact flash i used last time to reflash it,and used 2.50 Gemini image straight off there site http://www.i-have-a-dreambox.com/ with not a problem

network75

Reaction score
Hi Mate

Great news you got yours going!

I'll do the same as you as soon as mine comes back.

Merry Xmas

Steve

Patsy1000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox
1 m dish
My Location
England north west
I now installed 2 image's on my compact flash card, leaving my dreambox image unused. I used Flashwizard Pro 6.0, if use the middle button (install and remove a firmware in multiboot) it will ask u to install multi boot the drag your image over the folder and choose compact flash, you can choose hard drive to if u have one fitted but i would imagine it to be slow. i tried the pli citrine 7000 and now a pli diamond both worked great from http://pli.dreamvcr.com/diamond/releasenote/
i think this method is far better than the other i tried
Merry christmas

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I would strongly suspect that the response from Dream is just to cover them against the cost of repairing the box?

A chip on the tuner is not the place I would expect malicious firmware to target, even if it were possible.

:-sugar

ALWAYS get your firmware from the source, if possible - and my advice would be to ONLY install DMM software in flash. Chuck everyting on a USB stick. Problem solved. :D

sudds

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
AMDXP 2.5, 512 ddr ram, 256DDr Gforce graphics, 320gb WD hd 19inch tft. DM7020 Gemini V2.6. P4 3.1ghz 1024 ram ATI PCI EXpress g card, 300gb wd hd 19inch tft. SMC Wireless Barricade.
My Location
UK/Leeds
I had this problem after flashing i think with hydra and i continued to reflash with gemini 2.6 and the box works fine. COuld this all just be a software error?? Thanks
Sudds

network75

Reaction score
Got my DB back and its staring back at me like a wounded animal!

Anyway, coincidentally a mate of mine said that PLI Diamond was a gr8 image so I've decided thats the one I will try but I'm going to do it the same way as Patsy 1000. Trouble is I cant find Flashwizard ver 6. I can download ver 5.2. I can find ver 7020_beta but cant download it.

The link to the Italian web site on this forum doesnt go to the page where the download is and I cant navigate away from the homepage cos the forum is unavailable.

So, does anyone have a working link to ver 6.0 OR perhaps someone has used ver 5.2 with a 7020?

Look forward to your replys. I'm determined to crack this bas***d with the help of you guys!

Steve

network75

Reaction score
An update.

Suggs, sorry I missed your post! After my UCO error my box wouldn't communicate at all, thats why it went back.

Anyway, I uploaded PLI Diamond using my IE browser & it went in fine. I have yet to download a CAM that can decode anything but i will work on that in time.

Cheers Guys!