BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Did you know...

that you can use your CAS Interface 2 to restore your busted Dreambox boot loader via JTAG?

_http://www.duolabs.com/Cas2/Images/db.jpg

Apparently :-

"Another innovation is the Jtag for DreamBox DM7000-S.
The Cas Interface 2 will allow you to restore the Boot-loader of your DreamBox.

Connection will be done using the 20 pins Multifunctional output."

Anyone ever tried it?

joe publik

Reaction score
Ace. And no de-soldering of the JTAG pins.

Thanks for the link, will save us having to send the unit back if/when we fry it during a dodgy flash. Havent needed/tried it as yet, handy to have this URL though for if it happens ... Ta.

racingclubuk

Reaction score
Website
www.racingclubfc.com
My Satellite Setup
IBM Supercomputer
My Location
Ogmore by Sea - South Wales
havent had to use my CAS2 in that manner - fingers x'd.....

you can download the manual from duolabs that gives more details if your're interested.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
racingclubuk said:
havent had to use my CAS2 in that manner - fingers x'd.....

you can download the manual from duolabs that gives more details if your're interested.
How do you find your CAS2 and addon? Do you use it to program both CAMs and cards?

Was thinking of getting the Infinity USB, but for the same money I can get the CAS2 deluxe pack with addon which will do some CAMs as well (in the unlikely but possible event that I'll go that way in the future).

My reading of the support gives me some concerns that it's not so hot (although I see the new studio5 is out), and I've read plenty about shoddy assembly and poor robustness etc.

STICK

racingclubuk

Reaction score
Website
www.racingclubfc.com
My Satellite Setup
IBM Supercomputer
My Location
Ogmore by Sea - South Wales
still a bit of a newb - so can't really draw on much experience but....

build quality seems a bit shoddy, but will prob be ok. The connection between the add-on & the cas2 seems like it could be a weak spot.

the cas studio seems ok - im running v5 & I havent had it crash & is quite user friendly. Can post some screenshots if your interested.

I've played around prog a cheap Joker cam & its been working fine - have got a M2 in the post from Unapit. (Seems easy enough to put the prog in Phoenix mode - but have to use a serial cable as well as US:cool:.

I've also noticed that 'John Graydon' uses the CAS2 as well - maybe he has some comments?

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
racingclubuk said:
still a bit of a newb - so can't really draw on much experience but....

build quality seems a bit shoddy, but will prob be ok. The connection between the add-on & the cas2 seems like it could be a weak spot.

the cas studio seems ok - im running v5 & I havent had it crash & is quite user friendly. Can post some screenshots if your interested.

I've played around prog a cheap Joker cam & its been working fine - have got a M2 in the post from Unapit. (Seems easy enough to put the prog in Phoenix mode - but have to use a serial cable as well as US:cool:.

I've also noticed that 'John Graydon' uses the CAS2 as well - maybe he has some comments?

Found it a bit fragile with add on connected too. Wouldnt hold my breath for it to work the boot loader in dreambox unless your a dab hand at soldering. Found it programmes Matrix R well. No files for tit. Need to get usb to serial for prog the M11 card with the add on. I use the phoenix smartmouse to programme it with another laptop at the moment until i set that one up with the drivers. Still waiting on Dragon cam to come in the post. Dont think I will have any problems programming it with the Cas 2 though.