Ethernet Problem

Xclnc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020
My Location
Slovakia
hi people...

i have a DM 7020 newly bought , and i have a LAN by a provider through a cable modem using an Arris cable modem , no routers. the problem is that my i.s.p limits me to use 3 p.c's and somehow each p.c has to be registered and given a specific i.p upon it's first connection.

the problem now is that i tried connecting the DB to the p.c using a switch without any luck , tried using the built in web browser to register the DM as a stand alone p.c but there were problems viewing the registration web page (told me i needed java) , so i heard that there are certain cable routers that could solve this problem.

if anyone has the least of knowledge concerning this problem please dont hesitate , i need all the help that i can get.

regards

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Just a quick answer... Make sure your ip is the same in the dreambox. Check communications panel.

skydreamer

Frequent flyer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB8000HD, 90 mm cooling fan, 2TB Seagate LP HDD, Slim DVD-ROM, Smart Twin Titanium 0.2dB, Stab HH120 USALS 45E-45W, Triax 120, SkyStar II HD
My Location
Windy & Wet Atlantic Coast
If you want a permanent fix, buy a WiFi router and connect your cable modem to its WAN interface and the rest to the LAN sockets. Your cable modem provider will never discover the extra PC's & Dreamboxes masqueraded by the router.
Any WiFi router that claims to be broadband enabled will do BUT ensure that the WAN socket is Ethernet and NOT Telco. Also go for G as its bandwidth is enough for live TV broadcast from the Dbox.

Xclnc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020
My Location
Slovakia
john_graydon , skydreamer thank you both for replying.

i went out and bought an MSI router and now everything is working perfectly :)