Ethernet problems, same old same old!

chavo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu uno, VU Duo2, sky dish, 2 zone 2 dishes for 19.2 and 23.5. Satlink meter, rover STCeu meter. Tripod with a dish for messing around.
My Location
North West England
HI,

My dreambox 500s has recently been playing up. The Ethernet seems not to work. I try the Ethernet cable on a PC and it works just fine. I plug it back in to the 500 and I get an IP of 10.0.0.97 which is very odd!! Needless to say it doesn’t work, I have tried to turn the DHCP off and give it a static but that also does not work.

The box is a clone and it is using Darkstar. Would Gemini work on this box?

tweetypie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky plus
My Location
Notts England
hi all i am also having the same problem and not able to connect through ethernet. also got ip address of 10.0.0.97

I am able to connect through rs232 no problem but need the network to work .

any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

haggar11

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm7020Si +DM500+ TM600+ Cable receiver. 1.1 Triax, 90cm mesh Sm3500 Sat Meter,
HP DC7900 with DVB-S2 and AV to USB, 22" and 17" monitors!
My Location
London
Hello there,

for both of you, i think the problem is that 10.0.0.97 is the default IP for your dream box, you would be able to connect if its on router as the range would be out, Most routers now adays are 192.168.x.x

So to solve your problems you need to activate DHCP to let your router (gateaway) give dream IP with range of the network, then you would be able to connect to your DM from computer using DCC, the DM will also will be connected to internet.

Gemini is very easy and powerfull image, however, caution needed with Clone DM, but everything is possible just need to know how to do it. I am using GP 4.7 lastest image, i can guide you how to do it.

Most people think Gemini would kill Clone DM500. its not like that. and anyone has a problem i can help.

Cheers

tweetypie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky plus
My Location
Notts England
hi and thatks for your reply

i have sent it back to the supplier now i bought 2 at the same time put exactly the same settings in both 1 connected and did what i needed to do no problem, but other one did not whatever settings i chose dhcp or not could not connect to it.

eagerly waiting for the postie to bring replacement to try card share.

thanks again