EUROBIRD 1 western Caspian Sea area....will I be able to pick it up?

Mack

Member
My Satellite Setup
None yet
My Location
SW Russia
Hello Gents,

I am very very new to this!!! I am moving out to Russia (Lat/Long to follow) and was trying to research whether it would be possible to recieve Sky TV.

I will have to purchase a dish and receiver.

I will be living in Astrakhan (46deg 21min N, 48deg 2.5min E)

Could you inform me of the best size dish and best receiver to aid my plite or indeed if I have a plite to aid? i.e is this position outside the EUROBIRD 1 footprint?

Looking on the footprint map it is right on the edge I believe.

Please help as a life without sky for the wife would make my life hell!!

Thank you for your help.

Mack
 
Unfortunately it isn't just Eurobird 1 you need to think about!

There is Astra 2A, B, C, D as well.

Astra 2D carries most of the non-Subscription good stuff like BBC, ITV, Channel 4, etc. and will be nigh on impossible for you to get.

Do have a look at the various Astra Footprints here:

_http://www.flysat.com/astra28-beam.php

I gather you've looked at the Eurobird ones, but heres a link for anybody else who might be interested:

_http://www.flysat.com/ebird1-beam.php
 
You may get a few frequencies but you are going to have a hell of a lot missing.

The edge of the EB1 beam requires at least a 1.5m dish.

You have no hope with Astra 2D or most of the Astra 2 channels!

Looks like you would be better off getting a subscription to one of the Middle Eatsern services.
 
Thread title changed slightly in the hope fm BombedOne will be able to advise further - he lives in that general area.
 
There's a chance of getting it, but this will involve purchase and delivery of very huge dish :) Total cost, including delivery, installation, ground rental fees and other moneys you'll need to pay to russian officials, will be as much as 10 yr subscription to some orbit package :)
 
Thank you for your responses/

BoomedOne, or any one else, could you please advise as to what channels you can pick up on any of the middle eastern sevice or where i can find this information.

Thanks again

Mack
 
_ttp://www.lyngsat.com/packages/orbiteb2.html
_ttp://www.lyngsat.com/packages/showtime.html

But note - most movies get censored, so no moderate +16 or +18 scenes are left in them. For example, on Showtime, in "Naked gun 2", the moment, where leutenant dreben rushes into room, holding clay penis in hand is totally removed.
 
hahah, you remember that scene? it was also cut out!
 
Back
Top