Eurobird 2 at 25.5°E

i'm getting that Sng - Zeyad here on my 1metre channel master, inverto black ultra lnb no problem not even tweaked the position just used the position for 26e but the other tp 10996v is very weak here.

nelson_b try your 1.8m that should bring in the tp 10996v easily ?

11066v is showing up as magwa station is that the uplinker ?
 
Hi again all,

I have just come across a feed on a frequency that I have never seen active before... unfortunately the feed has now disappeared... but I thought I would share the info anyway...

11.078V [2100] 3/4 DVB-S QPSK [Fixed Beam]

Feed ID: Tandberg Service [VPID 0308/APID 0256/PPID 8190]

TM 5402 HD CI+ Super+
Signal Strength 96%
Signal Quality 50%

I have attached some pictures below...

Best Wishes,
Zorch
 

Attachments

  • #1  11.078V [2100] Feed ID Tandberg Service.webp
    #1 11.078V [2100] Feed ID Tandberg Service.webp
    38.7 KB · Views: 57
  • #2  11.078V [2100] Feed ID Tandberg Service.webp
    #2 11.078V [2100] Feed ID Tandberg Service.webp
    38.8 KB · Views: 55
  • #3  11.078V [2100] Feed ID Tandberg Service.webp
    #3 11.078V [2100] Feed ID Tandberg Service.webp
    31.5 KB · Views: 60
  • #4  11.078V [2100] Feed ID Tandberg Service.webp
    #4 11.078V [2100] Feed ID Tandberg Service.webp
    40.4 KB · Views: 51
  • #5  11.078V [2100] Feed ID Tandberg Service.webp
    #5 11.078V [2100] Feed ID Tandberg Service.webp
    35.7 KB · Views: 55
Hi again all,

Amazing... I have just come across another feed on a frequency that I have never seen active before... the feed is still on ATM... and it is also a very strong signal...

11.069V [2499] 3/4 DVB-S QPSK [Fixed Beam]

Feed ID: KUWAIT& Service [VPID 0308/APID 0256/PPID 8190]

TM 5402 HD CI+ Super+
Signal Strength 97%
Signal Quality 75%

I have attached some pictures below...

Best Wishes,
Zorch
 

Attachments

  • #5  11.069V [2499] Feed ID KUWAIT& Service.webp
    #5 11.069V [2499] Feed ID KUWAIT& Service.webp
    35.8 KB · Views: 52
  • #4  11.069V [2499] Feed ID KUWAIT& Service.webp
    #4 11.069V [2499] Feed ID KUWAIT& Service.webp
    39.6 KB · Views: 49
  • #3  11.069V [2499] Feed ID KUWAIT& Service.webp
    #3 11.069V [2499] Feed ID KUWAIT& Service.webp
    29.3 KB · Views: 50
  • #2  11.069V [2499] Feed ID KUWAIT& Service.webp
    #2 11.069V [2499] Feed ID KUWAIT& Service.webp
    41.3 KB · Views: 57
  • #1  11.069V [2499] Feed ID KUWAIT& Service.webp
    #1 11.069V [2499] Feed ID KUWAIT& Service.webp
    40.6 KB · Views: 59
Seems to be some sort of election counting.

Signals strong here too.
 
Also blind scanning for me found 11058 V 2500.
 
Hi again all,

Yet another feed on a frequency that I have never seen active before... the feed is again still on ATM... and this is also a very strong signal... and getting stronger... the current signal quality reading is now higher than in the pictures... (see below)

11.059V [2499] 3/4 DVB-S QPSK [Fixed Beam]

Feed ID: JAHRA KTV [VPID 0201/APID 0205/PPID 0201]

TM 5402 HD CI+ Super+
Signal Strength 97%
Signal Quality 74%

I have again attached some pictures below...

Best Wishes,
Zorch
 

Attachments

  • #6  11.059V [2499] Feed ID JAHRA KTV.webp
    #6 11.059V [2499] Feed ID JAHRA KTV.webp
    35.3 KB · Views: 49
  • #5  11.059V [2499] Feed ID JAHRA KTV.webp
    #5 11.059V [2499] Feed ID JAHRA KTV.webp
    37.1 KB · Views: 46
  • #4  11.059V [2499] Feed ID JAHRA KTV.webp
    #4 11.059V [2499] Feed ID JAHRA KTV.webp
    29.7 KB · Views: 60
  • #3  11.059V [2499] Feed ID JAHRA KTV.webp
    #3 11.059V [2499] Feed ID JAHRA KTV.webp
    9 KB · Views: 49
  • #2  11.059V [2499] Feed ID JAHRA KTV.webp
    #2 11.059V [2499] Feed ID JAHRA KTV.webp
    38.9 KB · Views: 52
  • #1  11.059V [2499] Feed ID JAHRA KTV.webp
    #1 11.059V [2499] Feed ID JAHRA KTV.webp
    39.4 KB · Views: 53
I've been getting a number of transponders today that I rarely see these days including some on 31.5E, maybe it's the cold clear air? I've got all these mentioned so far on 25.5 but I'm also getting a bit of a mystery only in Crazyscan, 11167H 1000 5/6 shows quite clearly although TSReader reports it blank but I can't lock it using DVB Dream. It could be the low SR confusing the software but would appreciate it if someone else can check too. 11585V doesn't lock either but scanning it shows what looks like a strong blank carrier, odd as this is listed as an active transponder.
 

Attachments

  • screengrab1.webp
    screengrab1.webp
    171.1 KB · Views: 64
Zorch said:
11.059V [2499] 3/4 DVB-S QPSK [Fixed Beam]

Feed ID: JAHRA KTV [VPID 0201/APID 0205/PPID 0201]
I can't get this one, and neither 11069V.
But I found JAHRA KTV on 11549V 2500, stable picture with 6 dB.
Wonder what satellite that one comes from.
 
Hi again all,

@aceb

I have been checking on 11.167H [1000] both last night and this morning (intermittently)... but I haven't seen anything unusual regarding the signal... I'm not getting any kind of indication that a signal may be present on the TP... as you say... maybe your software is being confused...

Regarding 11.585V [27500]... about 14 months ago I was extremely lucky and I got a very brief lock on this TP using my TM 5400 CI+ USB (see attached photo)... it must have been a spike or something... but it was just enough signal quality to download the channels (no exact channel names came up just TV1-TV2-TV3 etc etc)...

Immediately after downloading from the frequency I lost the lock... I renamed all the channels from their PID's and I have kept the channels up-to-date on my receiver ever since from the changes I have seen on KingOfSat/Flysat/Lyngsat... but I have never again managed to lock the signal on that TP... but you never know... anyway, I am sure it is still active... well, it keeps getting updated by somebody...

@hvdh

I found JAHRA KTV on 11549V 2500, stable picture with 6 dB.
Wonder what satellite that one comes from.

I was looking at 11.549V [2500] last night and this morning... but I haven't seen any other feeds on this TP... it's definitely a frequency within the range of Eurobird 2... it may have been just a one-off feed on this TP... about a year ago I found a feed on...

11.164V [3700] 3/4 DVB-S QPSK [Fixed Beam]

Feed ID: NSH [VPID 0308/APID 0256/PPID 0308]

Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of this feed... camera batteries were dead or something... anyway... I have never seen anything on this TP since then... perhaps a similar one-off feed... only time will tell if that's the case...

Keep the reports coming guys... and thanks for the continued feedback...

Best Wishes,
Zorch
 

Attachments

  • Signal on 11.585V [27497] 08.12.10.webp
    Signal on 11.585V [27497] 08.12.10.webp
    65.5 KB · Views: 53
I've just realised that frequency has the same details that I noticed on 28E earlier on, could be it's the same signal that I'm picking up, 2.7° off beam is just about possible with my 1m and a very strong signal. Once I've finished out west on C band I'll go take a closer look.

11549 is most probably 25.5E as well, Jahra is a city in Kuwait and the capital of the local governorate so will more than likely be the location for the vote counting in their general election. Incidentally Jahra was also the location of the infamous bombing of the 'highway of death' as Iraqi troops fled north.
 
Hi again all,

Can someone please check this for me... 11.078V with a symbol rate of 2400

Best Wishes,
Zorch
 
I caught reception off 11039 V 1536 today.

This cold has been incredible, I've read reports of Telstar 12 Americas beam in Estonia!
 

Attachments

  • 25.5e 1.webp
    25.5e 1.webp
    27.6 KB · Views: 66
  • 25.5e 2.webp
    25.5e 2.webp
    68.8 KB · Views: 37
Jut checked that one Zorch and nothing on 11078V, I can see quite a well defined bump in the noise but nothing locked. Can you still get Al-Sabah on 10996V, I had it a couple of weeks ago, first time for ages but nothing there now, another bump in the noise floor but not enough to even think about locking.
 

Attachments

  • 255e.webp
    255e.webp
    207 KB · Views: 29
I get 11039V 1536 too on my 1.2m. This one is pretty reliable, had it stored for a few months now, always same signal level (about 45-55% on my azbox), except in rain!
 
Hi again all,

Another currently active feed... still on (4:53pm)... this is the first feed I've seen on this satellite for quite some time... looks like it's for OTV Lebanon...

11.059V [2499] 3/4 DVB-S QPSK [Fixed Beam]

Feed ID: TV 1 - 11059V ---- [VPID 0308/APID 0256/PPID 0308]

TM 5402 HD CI+ Super+
Signal Strength 96%
Signal Quality 54%

I have attached some pictures below...

Best Wishes,
Zorch
 

Attachments

  • #1  11.059V [2499] Feed ID TV1-11059V ----.webp
    #1 11.059V [2499] Feed ID TV1-11059V ----.webp
    37.7 KB · Views: 31
  • #2  11.059V [2499] Feed ID TV1-11059V ----.webp
    #2 11.059V [2499] Feed ID TV1-11059V ----.webp
    44.9 KB · Views: 26
  • #3  11.059V [2499] Feed ID TV1-11059V ----.webp
    #3 11.059V [2499] Feed ID TV1-11059V ----.webp
    32.7 KB · Views: 26
  • #4  11.059V [2499] Feed ID TV1-11059V ----.webp
    #4 11.059V [2499] Feed ID TV1-11059V ----.webp
    39.8 KB · Views: 26
  • #5  11.059V [2499] Feed ID TV1-11059V ----.webp
    #5 11.059V [2499] Feed ID TV1-11059V ----.webp
    38.6 KB · Views: 38
Hi again aceb,

Can you still get Al-Sabah on 10996V, I had it a couple of weeks ago, first time for ages but nothing there now, another bump in the noise floor but not enough to even think about locking.

Sorry for not replying until now... I've been looking for a signal since I got it last week... but still no sign of it... my receivers' signal quality meter is showing that a lock is quite close... but it just won't lock...

Best Wishes,
Zorch
 
Thanks for looking, I'd not seen it for months until a few weeks ago when it appeared one day but has sunk without trace once again. I had the OTV signal up till a few minutes ago when it disappeared just before 10pm, reading about 79/12% here and for some reason DVB Dream flagged it as encrypted with no ID.
 

Attachments

  • Nameless 11059_2_0255 11059_V_2499_20120207_172143.webp
    Nameless 11059_2_0255 11059_V_2499_20120207_172143.webp
    44.1 KB · Views: 37
Hi again aceb,

Re: The OTV feed...?

11.059V [2499] 3/4 DVB-S QPSK [Fixed Beam]

Feed ID: TV 1 - 11059V ---- [VPID 0308/APID 0256/PPID 0308]

This is looking more and more like an actual channel... it has been broadcasting for very long periods of time and it's been showing proper content... not like a feed... and I haven't seen any 'off air' activity... like a normal feed would show... I may be totally wrong here... but it may be a new channel on this satellite... only time will tell I guess...

Best Wishes,
Zorch
 
EB-2
11061v 2500
OTV Lebanon feed
49% quality

11039v 1534
radio x6

70% quality

100cm dish
 
I think you're right Zorch, been watching it this morning with regular programming. It's quite a bit stronger this morning too, upto 90/40% which is about the same strength I used to rx Al-Sabah before it disappeared.
 
Back
Top