Eurobird 2 at 25.5°E

Another first for me on the 1.2 tonight, I'm getting 11585V, another of the transponders on the widebeam! Curiously, Al-Sabah shows as a peak that is stronger than this one but I can't lock anything on that frequency.
 
Bit OT but my God is Badr 4 strong tonight. 10% above my norm on Dubai One.

Back to topic ANA feed is now at a polling station I think.
 
Hi aceb,

Great catch mate... I packed up early last night to watch the football... typical eh...

I've just had a look this morning... and although my Signal Quality is quite a bit elevated on 11.585V... I can't get a lock... same goes for 10.996V (Al Sabah)... but I'm still managing a lock on 11.065V (Karameesh+)

Best Wishes,
Zorch
 
Hi again all,

Wesal TV (Saudi Arabia)

11.065V [2200] 3/4 DVB-S [QPSK] 3500 Kbps [Wide Beam]

Wesal TV Saudi Arabia [VPID 2010/APID 2020/PPID 2010] FTA

This channel replaced Karameesh+ a couple of weeks ago on the same frequency 11.065V

The Signal Strength/Signal Quality on this transponder/channel was quite unbelievable yesterday morning... it was very dull and overcast with moderate rainfall... and my dish was absolutely wet through... so there was also considerable rain fade... but the signal readings were the highest I have ever seen on this transponder/channel... it was stronger/as strong as anything on Badr 4 at 26.0°E and even on a par with a couple of transponders on Astra 1L at 19.2°E

TM 5402 HD CI+ Super+
Signal Strength 97%
Signal Quality 81%


The signal readings are exactly the same this morning... I have attached pictures below... if anyone is interested... the pictures were taken yesterday morning...

Best Wishes,
Zorch
 
Hi Captain Jack et al,

Amazing really on an 85cm dish

My Signal Quality reading is even higher now...

TM 5402 HD CI+ Super+
Signal Strength 97%
Signal Quality 84%


Best Wishes,
Zorch
 
No probs here either on the TD110 ...
what else is worth trying for ??

rgds
VS
 
Really easy catch this one at the moment for some reason, getting 44%Q on my AZBox, and thats in the rain with the dish peaked on 26E rather than 25.5E
 
Yes, one or two TP's coming in strong here tonight On the Gibby 1.2 . Currently Egypt 1, SR2200.

Also the radio channels on 11039V, Al Sabah TV on 11096V
 
Hi again all,

Wesal TV (Saudi Arabia)

11.065V [2200] 3/4 DVB-S [QPSK] 3500 Kbps [Wide Beam]

Wesal TV Saudi Arabia [VPID 2010/APID 2020/PPID 2010] FTA

Not sure what's going on with this transponder/channel...

TM 5402 HD CI+ Super+
Signal Strength 97%
Signal Quality 90%


Best Wishes,
Zorch
 
...indeed 11065v ...up from 6.5db on the F15 ...to over 9db today ...
thats a very dramatic increase..
They wanna watch they don't burn out that transponder ;)
 
This channel seems to have changed frequency, now reported on 11636H but no signal there for me. Since it's moved the signal on the radio package on 11039V has increased dramatically!
 
Hi again all,

Assirat TV (Kuwait)

This channel has been off and on for the past 4-5 weeks now... I remember reporting this as a feed a while back but never as a proper channel... KingOfSat still has it listed as a proper channel but Flysat now has it listed as a feed again... and it used to be a lot stronger signal as well...

Is anyone else still receiving this one...

11.152V [2200] 3/4 DVB-S QPSK [Wide Beam]

Assirat TV Kuwait [VPID 0033/APID 0036/PPID 0033] FTA

TM 5402 HD CI+ Super+
Signal Strength 96%
Signal Quality 57%


I have attached pictures below...

Best Wishes,
Zorch
 
Hi again all,

I have found another feed... this one is very weak and I can only just lock onto it...

11.075V [3800] 3/4 DVB-S QPSK [Wide Beam]

TL SNG [VPID 0100/APID 0110/PPID 0100] FTA

TM 5402 HD CI+ Super+
Signal Strength 96%
Signal Quality 48%


I have attached pictures below...

Best Wishes,
Zorch
 
Hi Zorch, no problem on 11152V, 38% quality on my AZbox, nothing on 11075V though.
 
Same here Zorch, Assirat TV fine, 11075V below the noise now.
 
SNG-Zeyad back on (11062V), stong signal here, no BER errors.
 
Hi again all,

This is the very first 'Horizontal' transponder (on this satellite) that I have ever managed to get a signal lock on... I thought they were impossible to receive on a 1.2m dish in the UK... I am amazed...!!

11.640H [2100] 3/4 DVB-S [QPSK] 2903 Kbps [Wide Beam]

Orient News UAE [VPID 4130/APID 4131/PPID 4130] FTA

TM 5402 HD CI+ Super+
Signal Strength 89%
Signal Quality 48%


I have attached pictures below...

PS
I am also very close to getting a lock on 11.636H [2200] as well... but not quite yet...!!


Best Wishes,
Zorch
 
Hi again all,

Signal Strength & Signal Quality have now gone up on this transponder...

11.640H [2100] 3/4 DVB-S [QPSK] 2 903 Kbps [Wide Beam]

Orient News UAE [VPID 4130/APID 4131/PPID 4130] FTA

TM 5402 HD CI+ Super+
Signal Strength 92%
Signal Quality 50%

I have attached a picture below...

Best Wishes,
Zorch
 
hi - Zorch -
had to have a go after seeing your good result :)

with c.m. 1.2 dish -- and M3 Skybox receiver i can "just" lock the transponder but cant download a channel :( signal quality is just slightly too low --- so far

regards nelson.b.
 
Back
Top