Eurobird 2 at 25.5°E

Hi again nelson_b,

What about trying on your 1.8m mate...?

I have now moved my dish to Yahsat 1A at 52.5°E ...and my reception on this bird is also very good tonight... but that's for another thread later...

Best Wishes,
Zorch
 
Had a look 30 mins ago and got a lock on it but with a lot of breaking up, just checked now and it's gone again! Tried this one before but never had anything at all until now.
 
Zorch said:
Hi again nelson_b,

What about trying on your 1.8m mate...?

I have now moved my dish to Yahsat 1A at 52.5°E ...and my reception on this bird is also very good tonight... but that's for another thread later...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

hi again --
i,v been a bit busy tonight - but just had a go now with the 1.8
no problem with - 11.640H [2100] good clear picture no breakup

also slightly weaker but still no problem is Wesal tv -- 11635 H 2200

considerably weaker but still no breakup are 2 vertical transponders --

11145 V 2500 and
11585 V 27500

will try to get some pics before the clouds roll in to spoil the show - l.o.l.

cheers :)
 
Zorch said:
I am also very close to getting a lock on 11.636H [2200] as well... but not quite yet...!!

I can just get a lock on this one "Egypt 1" using my 1.80 prime focus using a modified smart white titanium (original feedhorn horn removed and adapted for c120). SN ~38%. I'm in West Yorkshire.
 
I've just been having another play with this satellite.
BTW Lyngsat now calls it Eutelsat 25A (not Eurobird 2). Is that correct?

I've swopped back to my Invacom LNB. There is very little difference in performance between this and the modified smart white titanium I was testing yesterday.

These are the results of a scan now (10 pm - clear sky).

Code:
Al Sabah                 10998 V 2532 3/4  46%
BRG                      11145 V 2500 3/4  38%
Channel 11 (Orient News) 11368 H 2100 3/4  38% 
Egypt 1                  11635 H 2200 28% (no lock now - just locked last night)

Radio channels on        11040 V 1536 3/4  82% this afternoon. Now no lock.
Assirat                  11152 V 2200 3/4   61%


The signal strength has improved on all transponders since this afternoon EXCEPT for 11040V.
I was getting a very strong signal earlier but nothing now. Can anyone explain that?

I've getting some signal on the feed on 11066 V 2200 3/4 and Noorsat on 11585V 27500 3/4 but no lock on either.
 
007.4 said:
I've just been having another play with this satellite.
BTW Lyngsat now calls it Eutelsat 25A (not Eurobird 2). Is that correct?

Yes - Eutelsat renamed all their birds a few months ago :)
 
I think you'll find the radio channels are a bit erratic! On my system i regularly get well over 60% signal on these, but every 30 seconds or so they drop out completely for around 5-10 seconds then returns to normal. No idea why this happens though!
 
hi -
i,v had no internet working here all today :(
so here are the pictures from last night (post 103)
similar signal strength on same transponders tonight -- maybe a fraction less --



@ 007.4

10998 V 2532 is below lock for me
11040 V 1536 is double the strength of any of the others for me here at the moment -- ?
the feed on 11066 V 2200 is below lock for me
but Noorsat on 11585V 27500 is just locking ok again tonight and showing an unbroken picture

regards nelson.b.
 
Hi nelson_b
Thank you for your observations.

Why do you think we are getting quite different results on some transponders when geographically we are not too far apart.

You are getting higher signals on some channels and I'm getting higher on others.

Do you think it is all down to variations in LNB and/or tuner sensitivity at different frequencies?

Cheers
007.4
 
SatSearcher said:
I think you'll find the radio channels are a bit erratic! On my system i regularly get well over 60% signal on these, but every 30 seconds or so they drop out completely for around 5-10 seconds then returns to normal. No idea why this happens though!
Here, the radio stations are by far the strongest and most stable signal from 25.5E, other than these and two other regular signals I've not seen a peep of the stations being received further up country. I wonder if Pride has tried for these, be interested to know if he can see them on the IOW. I was beginning to worry I had a problem but reception from 60E the other evening suggests not.

nelson_b said:
10998 V 2532 is below lock for me
Does anyone still get a lock on this, it's a really strong spike, only 1dB down on the radio stations but it refuses to lock here too.
 
aceb said:
Does anyone still get a lock on this, it's a really strong spike, only 1dB down on the radio stations but it refuses to lock here too.

Yes, I got a lock on it last night and now (thin high cloud).
Code:
Al Sabah                 10998 V 2532 3/4  42%

.... and the radio stations on 11040 V are booming in again (83%) but ATM I've no lock on

Code:
BRG                      11145 V 2500 3/4   
Channel 11 (Orient News) 11368 H 2100 3/4   
Egypt 1                  11635 H 2200 3/4

It seems the signals from this bird are VERY variable!
 
007.4 said:
Yes, I got a lock on it last night and now (thin high cloud).
Where are you?
 
007.4 said:
Hi nelson_b
Thank you for your observations.

Why do you think we are getting quite different results on some transponders when geographically we are not too far apart.

You are getting higher signals on some channels and I'm getting higher on others.

Do you think it is all down to variations in LNB and/or tuner sensitivity at different frequencies?

Cheers
007.4

yes i,m sure --- " variations in LNB and/or tuner sensitivity at different frequencies" plays a part in the differences ---
also fringe reception seems quite subtle sometimes -- and 30 or 40 miles away can produce different results i,v noticed ,in the past , when comparing other satellites --
not sure where you are in west yorks- it covers quite a large area --
i,m in the north west corner of yorkshire ,quite close to both the lancashire and cumbrian borders
thick cloud here - and its raining , since mid afternoon so not much chance of anything new tonight :)

i noticed you have been using a "modified smart white titanium" lnb --
i,v also made one -- and it is in use on my c.m.offset 1.2 dish and is giving the best all round performance i,v had to date on that dish --
but it didn,t on the c.m. 1.8 offset. it was good, but the "Inverto black pro C120 twin " is the best i,v had on that dish to date .

regards nelson.b.
 
Hi again all,

I've managed to get a lock on this Horizontal transponder again tonight... it's looking like a bit less of a fluke now...

11.640H [2100] 3/4 DVB-S [QPSK] 2903 Kbps [Wide Beam]

Orient News UAE [VPID 4130/APID 4131/PPID 4130] FTA

TM 5402 HD CI+ Super+
Signal Strength 91%
Signal Quality 50%


I have attached pictures below...

Best Wishes,
Zorch
 
No sign of this frequency here. Brief flickers of quality (sub 3dB) but nothing beyond that.
 
No sign of it here either. Had a scan through this sat a couple of hours ago too but no sign of it then either. Managed to lock it just the once a few days ago, nothing since.
 
hi -

11.640H [2100] ok for me here using c.m. 1.2
only just though on M3 skybox :( slight pixelation
switched to F 15 -- using c.m. 1.2 a better lock -- no breakup

note - the mega satellite dish on picture 2 and 3 :):):)

cheers --
 
You lot oop noorth get some remarkable results from your gear. I expected to get at least similar or better results being further south but I guess being further west doesn't help for those eastern beams....
 
Back
Top