Eutelsat 28A switchoff looming

Lyngsat are calling the new 2F transponders TA5 to TA8. Can anyone think what TA stands for?

Maybe it means "A-band transponders" T = transponder and A = A-band
 
I guess the upside of 2F continuing H and V on the same frequency is that these transponders can now be used for more accurate LNB skew alignment?
 
I did exactly that on wednesday. Yesterdays scan looks like this... Scan was recorded around 16:40 UT.
 

Attachments

  • 28.2E-RFScan_low_blind_150606_1726.webp
    28.2E-RFScan_low_blind_150606_1726.webp
    225.3 KB · Views: 31
Maybe it means "A-band transponders" T = transponder and A = A-band
Temporary Allocation was the only thing I could think of but I'm led to believe that these allocations are permanent, ie not later subject to the SES bandplan offsets? I'm sure we'll find out over time.

Meanwhile, Astra 2G is currently (at the time of writing) at 34.7E so moving west slowly.
 
Temporary Allocation came to my mind too but as you say it wouldn't make sense unless it is actually temporary...
 
11934v change fec yesterday night ?

According Flysat, yes.
Are to FEC 5/6, hopefully some PC companion tuner can confirm the change to 5/6.
The same channel with FEC FEC 2/3 and 5/6, the DB800S-HD tuner no difference at all.
As a SD channel you look at the Rover SRM-50 meter and confirms this in FEC 5/6, after dinner I put a photo.

Confirmed 100%, 2/3 FEC manually change and ask him to analyze the tp and switches to 5/6.

---------------
Segun Flysat, si.
Estan a FEC 5/6, esperemos que algun compañero con sintonizador de PC pueda confirmar el cambio a 5/6.
El mismo canal con FEC 2/3 y FEC 5/6, el sintonizador DB800S-HD no diferencia nada.
Al ser una canal SD lo mire en el medidor Rover SRM-50 y confirma que esta en FEC 5/6, despues de cenar pongo alguna foto.

Confirmado 100%, lo cambio manualmente a FEC 2/3 y le pido que analice el tp y cambia a 5/6.

PD:
img_a3636.gif
 

Attachments

  • 01_11934V27500_3_4.webp
    01_11934V27500_3_4.webp
    104 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Temporary Allocation came to my mind too but as you say it wouldn't make sense unless it is actually temporary...
I agree, unless there is a medium term plan but from what I know via one of the uplink operators this currently isn't on the horizon. I think operators would like to keep the status quo and reduce the FEC to free up more bandwidth!
 
11934v change fec yesterday night ?

OK 100%
11934V27500.
Service/Servicio.- Sky Action
Bandwidth/Ancho de banda.- 37.12Mhz.
Code rate/Tasa de codigo (FEC).- 5/6

4.webp

PS: I can only analyze tp SD (DVB-S)/Solo puedo analizar los tp SD (DVB-S).
img_a3636.gif
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    358.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    283.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    151.8 KB · Views: 9
I agree, unless there is a medium term plan but from what I know via one of the uplink operators this currently isn't on the horizon. I think operators would like to keep the status quo and reduce the FEC to free up more bandwidth!
And I'm sure Freesat would like to keep their original home transponder frequency just to be on the safe side even if they claim their boxes should be able to search for another one if it was to move.
 
And I'm sure Freesat would like to keep their original home transponder frequency just to be on the safe side even if they claim their boxes should be able to search for another one if it was to move.
Yep, agree. Interestingly my Panasonic FS TV's all recently did OTA software updates which Panasonic listed as "Freesat broadcast changes". The new TP's, on 2E/F/G have an offset of up to 1.5MHz, 11.427H being the final new home of the FS Home TP.
 
Since 11.2-11.45 is still officially allocated to Eutelsat, I think it was one condition to keep the Eutelsat grid in that band. SES only provides the hardware here. I guess 2G will be the main satellite here with 2F providing some back (as it is doing already now...)
 
Since 11.2-11.45 is still officially allocated to Eutelsat, I think it was one condition to keep the Eutelsat grid in that band. SES only provides the hardware here. I guess 2G will be the main satellite here with 2F providing some back (as it is doing already now...)
I believe this band will be split evenly between 2G (TA1-4)/2F (TA5-8)/2E (TA9-12), each taking on 4 transponders.
 
More 'things' happening to 2F uk? In addition to 11306 hitting new lows, now ch5 10964 etc gone here daytime, usually only drops out a few hours evening time.

Clear sky, 2E uk+eu & e28a strong levels, so I'd believe it's not the setup here.
 
Last edited:
There may have been a change today. I just had a message from someone in Toulouse, France that indicates they have lost 2E and 2F Uk beams, previously received OK on a 100cm dish.
 
More 'things' happening to 2F uk? In addition to 11306 hitting new lows, now ch5 10964 etc gone here daytime, usually only drops out a few hours evening time.

Clear sky, 2E uk+eu & e28a strong levels, so I'd believe it's not the setup here.

Noth9ing wrong wiuth 11306H here - if anything its actually up a bit since I last looked :D

15.0db / 97%
 
The only significant change I can see on 2F is 11127V (Channel 4HD) has dropped about 7% and is no longer the strongest transponder at 28E for me but maybe the warm sun on the LNB is causing it to get noisier. Will check it again tonight.
 
There may have been a change today. I just had a message from someone in Toulouse, France that indicates they have lost 2E and 2F Uk beams, previously received OK on a 100cm dish.
I am also Nr Toulouse, 2E and 2F no signal or badly pixallated on 110cm dish. I put it down to bad weather over the Pyrenees at the moment. Will see tomorrow.
 
also here the 2E is very weak today... around 2dB below the normal intervall it is normally fluctuating within.
 
I put out a request for reports on my site and have had seven in the past two hours. Mostly southern France but one in the Costa Blanca (Cartagena) and another in Mid-Portugal. From the descriptions, the problem is a definite drop in signal, and is not weather- or temperature-related. If Scottish Borders is seeing an increase in signal, this can only mean an adjustment of the beams of both 2E and 2F. If it was just one satellite, it could be put down to station-keeping but two on the same day looks deliberate.
 
Back
Top