M60
Regular Member
- My Satellite Setup
- Fixed 28.2E Triax TD64, Freesat PVR + Panasonic Freesat TV's
- My Location
- Northern England
Interesting, does increase flexibility a lot, in fact compared to the situation of the sole Astra 2D 16x UK TP's we were in prior to the launch of these new birds it's a big leap forward.M60, that is not an assumption. When I did my Research before Setting up the 240 CM 2 years ago I had a contact at SES in Munich (SES Platform Services) and the man said, that all the new birds can use any band on any antenna from any ... ! Which makes sense because there are no more restriction. I reckon flexibility is everthing.
I wouldn't be surprised if the PE antennas, apart from retaining craft flexibility within the fleet, were solely modelled for Sky's benefit as they have a vested interest in serving mainland Europe.
I wonder if SES charge a premium for UK spot antenna usage from a given TP? Maybe you know the answer to this, appreciate for confidentility reasons if you can't divulge.
