Eutelsat 28A switchoff looming

2E was off yesterday from about 17.00 to 23.00. That happens to me every 2 to 3 month. Thats when they wobble out of sync down here. Seems to be getting back on track today.
 
Anyway, not sure what has to do with 28A switch off.
Agree, I should have posted stuff in the 2e \ 2f topics. But somewhat related, as 28A channels can move to sats outside of footprint for some, like the first batch going to 2f uk, which in my area is very unreliable & lately getting even worse.
 
I discovered today that the signal on 11172 H,341,3/4 has increased very much,what makes me think that it is now on a European spot.Before he was on the UK spot.How is in your area?
 

Attachments

  • 11172 H,341,34.webp
    11172 H,341,34.webp
    103.6 KB · Views: 34
  • TS Analyzer - 28-2E 11172 H - TBS 6983 DVBS-S2 Tuner A -1-.webp
    TS Analyzer - 28-2E 11172 H - TBS 6983 DVBS-S2 Tuner A -1-.webp
    27.1 KB · Views: 24
I discovered today that the signal on 11172 H,341,3/4 has increased very much,what makes me think that it is now on a European spot.Before he was on the UK spot.How is in your area?
Must admit I didn't know the signal existed and my TM6900 won't tune below SR 1000. What is it broadcasting, some kind of data?
 
I also think this is not related to the transponder changes. And from what I have seen until today those events always happen to both satellites simultaniously. Furthermore my June 14 data shows one estreme dip around June 20. The dip earlier in June was weather related as the data at 21:30 MeT and 23:10 MeT (UT+1) do not fit.

The all year data shows more of those dips. Yesterdays dip was a bit "deeper" than June 20 2014 though...
longt_year.webp longt_June2014.webp
 
Agree, I should have posted stuff in the 2e \ 2f topics. But somewhat related, as 28A channels can move to sats outside of footprint for some, like the first batch going to 2f uk, which in my area is very unreliable & lately getting even worse.
You could move house! I know a guy with a big van!
 
Isn't this coming, we thought, from 2C, as per TP60 (11.009V)?

I was reading the SES press release again earlier from Jan 2014 following the SES/Eutelsat dispute and this 'third' section made me think that, following the first wave of transitions to UK spot TP's, whether the whole agreement actually covers UK spot optimisation, so in essence leaving SES open to re-use the same spectrum elsewhere in Europe when technology and craft availabilty/demand may permit?

The third agreement between the two companies addresses technical frequency coordination under the rules of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU). It will allow both parties an optimised use of their respective spectrum at a number of orbital positions over Europe, the Middle East and Africa. It confirms and clarifies in technical terms the geographic coverage and transmission power levels for frequencies at these positions.


http://www.ses.com/4233325/news/2014/16846982
 
@satesco: just tried that narrow carrier - Im getting it as well ... 17,5dB - same level as 11185V data carrier on 2C. So I guess this one is on 2C as well. There are many more carriers there I cannot get because Blindscan wont lock them - this one I also only get by directly typing in your parameters symbol rate etc. I can post you a scan via PN if you want, i cannot post pictures here.
 
As far as I can tell signal levels are pretty much back to normal for me (French Open ITV HD no problems, for example). I guess I won't be trying to figure out where I can sneak in a 110 or 120 without it being noticed :)
 
Must admit I didn't know the signal existed and my TM6900 won't tune below SR 1000. What is it broadcasting, some kind of data?

Yes,it is a Data trp.So far is in testing.When it will be used,I think it will have a modulation of 16apsk with Stream Generic?
I don't know to what extent TM6900 would be able to see the signal even if the receiver would
read symbol rate below 1000 ks?

Pietclock said:
...There are many more carriers there I cannot get because Blindscan wont lock them - this one I also only get by directly typing in your parameters symbol rate etc. I can post you a scan via PN if you want, i cannot post pictures here.

You're right that this transponder can be locked manually because it has strong signal. I locked it again with 1.1m dish.That's why I said it is now on the European spot as 11008 V and 11185 V.
I am curious to see what carriers which you can't lock with your antenna?
 

Attachments

  • 11172 H,341,34-Data.webp
    11172 H,341,34-Data.webp
    81.8 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
popolon said:
...And then it was not on uk spot.

I don't know that 11173 H may have been on a different spot than UK since it was activated in the last October.The signal was so weak in my area so that it was a miracle that spectrum analyzer to see the signal of -10(see screenshot from October last year).
How could it be this trp. on another spot when he barely could be locked with 150cm dish!Now can be locked even with antenna of 1m in my area.FlySat listed 11173 H from the very beginning on spot UK-2F.
Actually I don't care who found first this transponder,but if in other areas on the continent the signal has increased as in my area?!
Perhaps passing this transponder on European spot is part of those changes are expected once when Astra 2G will become operational soon.As you already know,a few changes have occurred on Eut 28A...
 

Attachments

  • 11173 H,341,34-UK spot.webp
    11173 H,341,34-UK spot.webp
    28.2 KB · Views: 11
& this evening 2e uk gone as well (& I mean gone, not low), matching the 2f uk loss earlier today :( eu beams strong so dish\lnb is working fine.
Temporary, or end of an era... ?

False alarm (again ;O) for 2E, much improved levels now.

But the 28A channels that have moved so far (to 2F uk) are considered lost here (with the current dish size), signal extremely low & unreliable. Wondering how the next batch (& 2G uk) will turn out.
 
But the 28A channels that have moved so far (to 2F uk) are considered lost here (with the current dish size), signal extremely low & unreliable. Wondering how the next batch (& 2G uk) will turn out.
Yes, it'll be interesting to see how 2G and 2E compare in this band.
 
Who can determine what signal we have here,i.e. can lock this signal between 11060-11140 H?It seems that we have here a transponder that Crazyscan cannot lock.I'm not sure if we have here at least a transponder active or is it a false signal?Those who are in a favorable position could tell us more,if it's something to be said?
 

Attachments

  • 28.2E-11060-11100 MHz.webp
    28.2E-11060-11100 MHz.webp
    110.3 KB · Views: 22
Back
Top