Eutelsat 33e @ 33.1°e

Frequencies 10950 to 11155 that I used to attribute to 33B must be coming from 33C now that 33B has left 33.1 east

There is nothing on the data sheets that I have seen for Eurobird-1/Eutelsat 28A to suggest this but the proof is there in FeedSat DXers post above.
 
Update
New Blind Scan guide for 33.1 east:-
10950 to 11155 V + 11200 to 11700 V+ 12500 to 12750 V Eutelsat 33C (ex Eurobird-1,Eutelsat 28A)
 
Last edited:
Even with the hopefully higher power 33C on line Im still only getting 2 tp's here - 2xTurf TV & Lider - Lider which seems to have disappeared off Flysat for some reason.

Might be because Im using an ultra cheapie (£2!) narrow lnb for this one as its the only one that would fit in the gap :D - its one of several offsets on the 1.1m 46E dish.
 
Even with the hopefully higher power 33C on line Im still only getting 2 tp's here - 2xTurf TV & Lider - Lider which seems to have disappeared off Flysat for some reason.

Might be because Im using an ultra cheapie (£2!) narrow lnb for this one as its the only one that would fit in the gap :D - its one of several offsets on the 1.1m 46E dish.

Lider is on 36 east not 33.1 east
Belsat is very strong on 33.1 east
 
Lider is on 36 east not 33.1 east
Belsat is very strong on 33.1 east

The lnb must be well awry - Ive only just set that lnb up again after a button press mishap on the receiver and its quite possible it needs resetting - it was such a lousy summer up here I didnt get any dish maintenance afternoons in - OH needed my help up the allotment on any semi decent afternoons!
 
HB-6 arriving soon this will more than double the transponders here I wonder what channels they will add here?

That's will be nice to have a few more channels here Will, I like this position it gets a few feeds, the 4.2.2 feed was showing no video when I checked last :(, I will check it again shortly if its still there :)
 
A strong Horizontal signal, probably this is Eutelsat 33D that must have arrived 2 days ago.
11555H.webp
 
Your polarisation isn't switching, or too much cross-polarisation
Both transponders you reported today are V.
 
Your polarisation isn't switching, or too much cross-polarisation
Both transponders you reported today are V.

I don't know to be honest hvdh, I can only report what my box is telling me:(, I have had problems with this with the 1.8, I will try a different lnb and see what happens, unless you have better advise please :).
 
Of course, you can be much more than an obedient slave reporting what the box is telling you!
Two pitfalls to be always aware of: cross polarisation, and nearby satellites.

By making small steps with the motor, there probably will be a direction where these cross-pol. signals are minimium.
If your LNB is skewed correctly, that direction will also give maximum signal of the wanted pol.
There should be no need to swap with another LNB.
 
Thank you hvdh, no matter where I put the dish now 11505 H has gone, I did read that some lnb have a better CP rejection than others ?, thanks for your help :)
 
Only one transponder on Horizontal with strong signal:11554 H,2825,3/4,Dvb-S2/16APSK-stream Generic.
 

Attachments

  • 11554 H,2825,34,16apsk-gs.webp
    11554 H,2825,34,16apsk-gs.webp
    98.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 6983-10950-11700 HV.webp
    6983-10950-11700 HV.webp
    169.1 KB · Views: 7
Back
Top