Eutelsat 36e Sub-Sahara African beam who is receiving this in the uk

What's your results as I'm getting 72% snr on a cm1.8 on 12245 and I'm in the midlands ireland
 
aceb said:
I thought I'd check these as I've not looked for a few months, all I'm getting is 12245H and that seems quite a bit weaker than I've had it in the passed, be interested to know if others are noticing the same?

Exactly the same here. I witnessed the switch-on of the Multichoice transponders on 6 Jan 2010 and locked up to 5 transponders during the first months. Strength gradually decreased since then and now only occasionally can lock 12245H. Well, 100cm (Triax TD-110) is just too small anyway, but all the spectrum bumps are clearly visible so 150 cm or so should bring back many.
 
I was getting 4.5db/ 29% snr on 11747 but not enough to lock fully
 
Looking forward to getting the Gibby 1.3 mounted properly for a full test ...but so far have only managed 12245H at my location..
rgds
VS
 
Same here with the Gibby VS. Plenty of peaks for other TP's showing on the speccy, but just below the noise unfortunately. Maybe there's an optimal time during the day/night.
 
Hi again all,

I have managed to get a lock on 11.727V again... all channels are encrypted except for CCTV Entertainment (China)

11.727V [27500] 3/4 DVB-S [QPSK] 38.0 Mbps [Sub-Sahara Africa Beam]

ESPP Test Channel [VPID 0121/APID 0123/PPID 0121]
CMC Movies China [VPID 0131/APID 0133/PPID 0131]
CCTV Entertainment [VPID 0141/APID 0143/PPID 0141] **FTA**
Dragon TV China [VPID 0151/APID 0153/PPID 0151]
Jaingsu TV China [VPID 0161/APID 0163/PPID 0161]
Hunan TV China [VPID 0171/APID 0173/PPID 0171]
PCNE TV China [VPID 0181/APID 0183/PPID 0181]
Panda Biggs Portugal [VPID 0191/APID 0193/PPID 0191]
TV Series Portugal [VPID 0201/APID 0203/PPID 0201]

TM 5402 HD CI+ Super+
Signal Strength 97%
Signal Quality 48%

I have attached pictures below...

Best Wishes,
Zorch
 

Attachments

  • #1  Eutelsat 36B at 36.0°E Sub-Sahara Africa Beam 11.727V 27500 CCTV Entertainment.webp
    #1 Eutelsat 36B at 36.0°E Sub-Sahara Africa Beam 11.727V 27500 CCTV Entertainment.webp
    41.3 KB · Views: 134
  • #2  Eutelsat 36B at 36.0°E Sub-Sahara Africa Beam 11.727V 27500 CCTV Entertainment.webp
    #2 Eutelsat 36B at 36.0°E Sub-Sahara Africa Beam 11.727V 27500 CCTV Entertainment.webp
    58.2 KB · Views: 134
  • #3  Eutelsat 36B at 36.0°E Sub-Sahara Africa Beam 11.727V 27500 CCTV Entertainment.webp
    #3 Eutelsat 36B at 36.0°E Sub-Sahara Africa Beam 11.727V 27500 CCTV Entertainment.webp
    61.9 KB · Views: 130
  • #4  Eutelsat 36B at 36.0°E Sub-Sahara Africa Beam 11.727V 27500 CCTV Entertainment.webp
    #4 Eutelsat 36B at 36.0°E Sub-Sahara Africa Beam 11.727V 27500 CCTV Entertainment.webp
    45.7 KB · Views: 140
  • #5  Eutelsat 36B at 36.0°E Sub-Sahara Africa Beam 11.727V 27500 CCTV Entertainment.webp
    #5 Eutelsat 36B at 36.0°E Sub-Sahara Africa Beam 11.727V 27500 CCTV Entertainment.webp
    63 KB · Views: 138
  • #6  Eutelsat 36B at 36.0°E Sub-Sahara Africa Beam 11.727V 27500 CCTV Entertainment.webp
    #6 Eutelsat 36B at 36.0°E Sub-Sahara Africa Beam 11.727V 27500 CCTV Entertainment.webp
    56.4 KB · Views: 122
Nice. I get the occasional blip on this TP but usually reading 0dB. The next strongest TP for me is 12054H, which reads around 2.5dB but never managed to get a lock on this one.12245H is getting a healthy and stable 7dB this morning.
 

Attachments

  • Capture.webp
    Capture.webp
    27.5 KB · Views: 124
12245H locking solid at 5.2 db atm
..and is the only transponder I can consistantly lock..
rgds
VS
 
just having a quick play with this one, i am getting 12.245 and a few from the eurasia beam, its overcast here i will take a better look when i can.
 
Well, not in the UK, but still a good 5000km off the SSA beam here.
 

Attachments

  • sc1.webp
    sc1.webp
    29.6 KB · Views: 99
  • sc2.webp
    sc2.webp
    39.4 KB · Views: 105
  • sc3.webp
    sc3.webp
    60.6 KB · Views: 101
  • sc4.webp
    sc4.webp
    49.4 KB · Views: 93
  • sc5.webp
    sc5.webp
    31.4 KB · Views: 91
just had another play here and i can only get the one africa tp, a couple are giving signals but no lock,

the news channel @ 12.542v 2.220 is in english music channel GDS TV @ 11.428h 2.894 and al-iraqia sport @ 11.651v 3.111 had english audio this morning, i am pulling a few feeds from this bird so i am happy :-)
 
Does anyone in the U.K still receive this? I live in South London and got a TD-110 & TM5402 mk2 that I'm thinking of putting up to recieve this and just wondering if still possible. Thanks.
 
Which beam are you looking at? No chance with a Russian one but I get one TP from Sub-sahara beam on 12245 on a 1.2m dish. Not much to see there unless you have a subscription.
 
Which beam are you looking at? No chance with a Russian one but I get one TP from Sub-sahara beam on 12245 on a 1.2m dish. Not much to see there unless you have a subscription.

Thanks for your reply. I'm looking at the Sub Saharan African beam. can easily get the sub, no problem, only want to know if people can still get it before i go ahead and put up the dish.
 
Well, only that one transponder - others show signs of life but no lock. I get about 7dB from a 1.2m dish when dry - you'll get a signal on it from a Triax but perhaps no rain fade.

Raining now and I get this:

Capture.webp
 
hi did a scan on this bird now this is strange got the two which is on lyngsat 12073V at 51% quality and 12245H at 66% quality and this is the strange bit got 12092V at 51% quality,12226H at 64% quality and 12265H at 65% quality now 12226H and 12265H have the same channels as 12245H and 12092V has the same channels as 12073V,any one have any idea why.
 
You're scanning the same frequency in. The bandwidth is about 20 MHz, so it's normal to see locks a few MHz off their centre frequency.
 
Back
Top