Eutelsat 5 West B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mediasat migration from 5 west begins.

DSCN3396[1].webp
 
We are reported to have difficulties in receiving the Channels of TNT France 2, France 4 and France: this failure to receive it would only affect certain brands of televisions since 15 January. The operators concerned have identified the problem and are working to resolve it. Thank you for your patience.
 
Has the Italian mux on 12700 gone? Im getting no signal and I was getting a reasonable signal yesterday
 
Has the Italian mux on 12700 gone? Im getting no signal and I was getting a reasonable signal yesterday

Working OK here with 88cm dish + TM5302HD 97% signal 90% quality
 
Strange. Ah well, Im only using a sky zone 1 dish for 5W so its not exactly optimal for some of the signals. I will probably change it for something bigger up over the summer but Im not changing anything just yet so I can if Im lucky with 5WB
 
DSCN3397[1].webpDSCN3398[1].webp

On the next scan 12 & 14 full signals (receiver software plays up at times):eek:
 
12564V is a Fransat tp - its working fine - its the MBLive freq.
 
Eute 7A is still a good bet to go to 5W once its been cleared out

Mediasat will remain on 5 West A for some time 0.2 inclined orbit this will buy enough time for 7A to move to 5 west for a couple of years this has to be a cheaper & better solution to the current problem.

As it is going to take a while to relocate all the customers dishes to 9 East I cannot see this happening in the short term.
 
Last edited:
7A Europe beam B for 5 west is similar to 5WB Europe beam.

E7A_Ku-band_Europe_B_Downlink.webp
 
Start of transfer to E5WB is @ 00:30 GMT 21st Jan.
 
Expect transponders KB1, KB3 & KB4 to move across first. Further moves are planned for February 6th, as part of a longer 'phased transition'.
 
Completely lost KA4 some minutes ago...
Not even with 2.4 metres !
I just can't believe, this is beyond my worst expectations.

my position is
8ºW , 40.8 N
 
Yes just migrated! I lost it too but after 5 minutes of no signal it reappeared with a marginal 11.7dB! Let's see how the rest will fare...
 
Yes just migrated! I lost it too but after 5 minutes of no signal it reappeared with a marginal 11.7dB! Let's see how the rest will fare...

KB8 gone as well :(
Did not expect this... i'm not that far... and with 240cm...

I might as well go to sleep... :(
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top