Eutelsat Atlantic Bird 12.5 degrees West

ch3

Member
My Satellite Setup
Silvercrest/Lidl SL65 Receiver. Sky analogue mesh 60cm dish.
My Location
London, UK
Hello!

Well I've decided the only way to get my NASA footage is to setup something on the non-garden side of my house and try and see Eutelsat Atlantic Bird at 12.5 degrees West. I'm going to try for one of those Lidl porty sets (they were in my local branch recently) with the smaller dish and bracket. Hopefully it will work through a front window!

Anyone got this bird with a smaller dish in the UK? Just got to work out where to point it now! Looking west across the road, south is Sky (according to the dishes on other houses, so hopefully they'll be enough clearance from my upstairs bay window..
 
I haven't tried it with anything smaller than an 80 cm I'm afraid, but you may find that the porty dish is too small for many of the low symbol rate transponders.
 
Back
Top