Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Eutelsat’s new W7 satellite will be deployed at 36 degrees East in late 2009, where it will replace the existing SESAT 1 spacecraft that has been in service at that location since 2000. W7 will be a large and very powerful satellite, featuring a 70-transponder Ku-band payload, for a designed operational lifetime of over 15 years.

W7 capacity will be connected to six beams covering Europe, Russia, Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia. Co-positioned with Eutelsat’s W4 satellite, which already serves anchor pay-TV operators in Russia (NTV Plus, Tricolor), the Ukraine (Poverkhnost) and sub-Saharan Africa (Multichoice Africa, hiTV), W7 will enable Eutelsat to almost double the bandwidth available for digital video and telecommunications services in those regions. While replacing all the SESAT 1 capacity over Europe, North Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia, W7 will also offer new resources over South Africa through a high-power fixed beam and over Central Asia through a steerable beam.

In addition to video applications, W7 will offer potential for data and voice solutions using small ground terminals, in particular for the oil and gas sector in Russia, Central Asia and West Africa.

Attachments

• w71.jpg
    w71.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 373
  • w72.jpg
    w72.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 287
  • w73.jpg
    w73.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 271
  • w74.jpg
    w74.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 255
  • w75.jpg
    w75.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 245

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
W7 is now operational at 36E. The new girl is doing very well indeed, and there are several reports of the sub Saharan beam received in the UK!

Status
Not open for further replies.