Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 500s
Pli Image Iolite-DM500
Connected to Router
My Location
Ireland
Hi All.

I have had my DM500s for some weeks now and I have spent numerous hours reading this thread amougst others to get an understanding of its potential functionality. Many thanks for the stickies, manuals and all the information, it has helped me get to my current state.

Current State

• I am base in Ireland, East Coast
  • The DM flashed with that latest Pli Iolite Image DM500 image.
  • Ability to scan satiletes and view FTA stations
  • Box connected via ethernet cable to my Linksys router via cable.
  • Ability to ftp files from and too the box
  • Ability to Web X TV onto my PC
  • Had the ability to stream movie from PC to TV via DM (since Vista SP1 patch, this has not worked, presumming new version of VLC will aid me here when out), but nonetheless had it working previoulsy.
I would now like to move forward to access scrambled channels and this is where my overall knowledge falters and I am hoping that yourselves can provide me with assistance.

My Understanding:-

• To watch a scambled channel you need to install a cam and config file by selecting relevant cam via blue button
  • On the box, set it up so that a default cam is used for doing unscrambling when unscrambled channel is found
  • Cams are software equalivant to physical keys and different cams unlock different encryptions
  • Different satellites and even different stations broadcast by satellites use different encryption
  • For Cam to decode, you must update your key with latest availible.
My Failure to date

• Attempted the above with installed keys (numerous) but could not prove they worked (based on my understanding above. But I am also aware that if my understanding is wrong, no matter what I have attempted would not work).
I think, based on my assumptions above, though that they keys may actually work (based on this forumn and others, people say they work). I just dont know or have been able to find, what keys to use to unscramble particular channels from any particular sateillite thus been unable to prove nor disprove my assumptions above.
My Short Term Objectives

• Assistance from yourselves to help clarify my above understanding and put me on the straight and narrow so I have a full understanding of the parts involved.
  • To put my understanding into practise and successfully unscramble a channel (which at this stage I will celbrate with a drink and a clap on the back, whislt saying well done :))
My Long Term Objectives (if even possible)

• To be able to watch English Primier Football via overseas sats at home
  • To be able to watch any decent overseas channels with English movies
Any help, guidance or assitance that you can offer, would be very welcome and very much appreciated.

Many thanks
Darren

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
What is the dish size, fixed or movable with motor, pointing to which satellites?

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
reignschaos said:
Hi All.

I have had my DM500s for some weeks now and I have spent numerous hours reading this thread amougst others to get an understanding of its potential functionality. Many thanks for the stickies, manuals and all the information, it has helped me get to my current state.
………………Darren
Hi Darren,

I’m relatively new to this myself, so some members might pick a few holes in my understanding, but I’ll give it a go.

You don’t mention whether or not you have a motorized dish, if not what sat are you pointed at? If its 28e (Sly / Freesat) then forget about loading keys to try to clear anything. Its just not going to work. You need to be pointed at some overseas sats for keys/keybundles to work, and the amount of packages/channels that will clear is getting less and less all the time.

reignschaos said:
On the box, set it up so that a default cam is used for doing unscrambling when unscrambled channel is found
Not sure what you mean, Generally If you are using emu’s then, say, MgCamd will clear pretty much the same stuff as CCcam with the correct keys for the correct packages. (Kind of).

reignschaos said:
Cams are software equalivant to physical keys and different cams unlock different encryptions
Emu’s are the software equivalent to cams (Conditional Access Modules, or Card readers in simple terms).
reignschaos said:
Different satellites and even different stations broadcast by satellites use different encryption
Different providers use different types of encryption. Sometimes more than one.
reignschaos said:
For Cam to decode, you must update your key with latest availible.
Yes, The emu’s will only clear certain channels/packages on certain sats given the correct, up to date keys.

Seeing that you have a broadband connection, I would suggest that you look into card sharing.
There are some good stickies on CCcam here on the forum.

Type “card sharing” into google.ie and have a look at the first hit (currently), (It’s a forum and I’m not sure if I should post the link here).

Happy dreaming.
C:)

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Welcome to the forum :)

Which specific satellite/ channels aren't clearing? Not all (many) channels can be opened with keys and none on Sky UK (28.2)

Do you have a motor?

Which emu are you using?

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
As usual more questions than answers :)

We always need more info to help

but we love to try mate, just support all answers

reignschaos

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 500s
Pli Image Iolite-DM500
Connected to Router
My Location
Ireland
Hi All,
Many thanks to you all, for taking the time to read and reply.

compufunk thanks for correcting and confirming, my understanding (or lack there of in certain cases)

Now the answers to all the questions:-

Question: what is your dish size:-
Answer: Dish size is approx 85cm

Question: is the dish motorised or stationary
Answer: Dish is motorised.

With the motor I am able to make connections to these satellites
Hot Bird (13E)
Astra 2A (28.2)
Astra 1 (19E)
Badrc (26E)
Eurobird (28.5E)
Arabsat (30.5E)
Eutelsat W2 (16E)
Eutelsat W1 (10E)
Eutelsat W3 (7E)
Sirius 1/2 (5E)
Intelsat 1W (5W)
Atlantic Bird 3 (5W)
Altantic Bird 1 (12.5W)
Telstar (15W)
Thor (0.8W)
NSS7 (22W)
Hispasat (30W)
Turksat (42E)

Question:
Which specific satellite/ channels aren't clearing? Not all (many) channels can be opened with keys and none on Sky UK (28.2)
Answer:
Many thanks for letting me know that the Sky Uk channels can not be decrypted. From reading your forum and numerous posts, I learned that one very quickly.
I have tried a few based on information I have gleamed on this forum, however the only one I can really remember is attempting to connect to a French Chanell, France 24. I have tried to search this site for the particular post but was unable to locate it (but I am not even sure if it was on this site that i read it)

Which emu are you using?
The 3 I have attempted are CCcam, MgCamd and Evocad. The key bundle i have used them with is Satans Key bundle.

Looking forward to the new replies and additional questions.

Darren

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo 250gig/ DreamElite BH 1.3.2 Multiboot

Dreambox 500s-(clone) / DM-600

Relook 400s 160 Gig-/SifTeam 1.93 e enigma

Foretec 90cm Dish with Nikkai Diseqc Motor- 2 sky+ receivers fixed 28.2 east.
My Location
Newtownabbey, near Belfast, Northern Ireland
Hack Sat v9 clears Premiere at 19.2 e where you will get movies an Footy(at the minute anyway until full NDS), clears Polsat Sport and Sport Extra on 13e where they show a lot of Scottish Premier Leaguge games and usually the Sky PPV boxing. Are you north or South m8, I would be willing to call and help you set up if your up north.

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
My Location
NW, Ireland
You should be clearing Premier among others with Satan Keybundle, I'm not a football fan so I cant point out any channels for footie,

reignschaos

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 500s
Pli Image Iolite-DM500
Connected to Router
My Location
Ireland
Hi

I am down south TomTheBomb1968, but thanks for the offer of assistance.
Tom and Comp you have both pointed me towards Premier and additional footy related channels so I am going to try that Premier channel initially and see how I fair. If I succeed there, I may indeed be on my way for some footie :-)

However I do have a few questions: I just chcked King of Sat and found "Cinecinema Premier" on 19.2, which i presume is the "Premier" that is mentioned above. Is that correct?

I also see from King of Sat the different types of encrytion used on this channel. The names seem to relate to be the main players of encryption. I understand that certain EMUs decode certain encrptions, but from your comments above relating to particular channels I am getting the following impression

Chanell 1,2,3,4,5,6 all use Encryption 1
To decode Encryption 1 you need to use EMU1
But to decode Channel 1,2, 3 you need to use EMU1 with key 1
And to decode Channel 4, 5, 6 you need to use EMU1 with key 2

Hope that makes sense. COuld you let me know if my understanding is correct?

Also how do I know which EMUs and in turn Keys I should use for different encryptions?

I really appreciate your time and effort in guiding and correcting me. As much as I want to jump straight to the last stage ie get my channels I want to understand the ins and outs too, guess its my techie background comes out.

Darren

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
My Location
NW, Ireland
reignschaos said:
Chanell 1,2,3,4,5,6 all use Encryption 1
To decode Encryption 1 you need to use EMU1
But to decode Channel 1,2, 3 you need to use EMU1 with key 1
And to decode Channel 4, 5, 6 you need to use EMU1 with key 2
There is usually no need to mess around starting different EMU's for different channels, The EMU will read the key file(s) like SoftCam.key and handle all of the which key for which channel stuff.

I use Satan Keybundle with Mgcamd or CCcam and it opens all the Prem channels without the need to switch between EMU's.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Set your default emu as CCcam and it will do the job (if the channel can be opened) - no need to set per channel emus.

If you have the latest keys (satan or Hacksat) and the channel is black then it isn't open.