FAPL spit the dummy out

fergyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo with ViX and OSCAM, Prof Revolution 7301 PCI Card, 2x Dreambox 500S, 80cm Technomate Dish with Inverto Black Ultra and TM-2600 DiSEqC Motor. Technomate TM-300D along with a few zone 1 minidishes that get moved regularly and a zone 2 for 19e a
My Location
Northumberland
FAPL has pulled all live tv screening of Saturday 3 pm kick offs apart from one single match on all European TV providers.

This is only going to lose them money though, surely. Can't see providers paying the same price for the next deal when they're getting significantly less

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Does that mean that AD Sports is safe ?

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minidish and Sky + HD 250gig Anytime+ box with full ish appart from sports and movies, Dreambox DM500s clone (Pli Jade3 max var F/W), Motorised 1.1Meter Dish
My Location
middlesbrough, teesside, northeast coast, uk
fergyc said:
FAPL has pulled all live tv screening of Saturday 3 pm kick offs apart from one single match on all European TV providers.

This is only going to lose them money though, surely. Can't see providers paying the same price for the next deal when they're getting significantly less

Does that include UK Sky then?

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
smoggy07 said:
Does that include UK Sky then?
UK sky never showed 3pm kick off.

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minidish and Sky + HD 250gig Anytime+ box with full ish appart from sports and movies, Dreambox DM500s clone (Pli Jade3 max var F/W), Motorised 1.1Meter Dish
My Location
True but they are a provider in Europe

would be interesting to see if they start showing that one 3pm kick off on a PPV basis to pubs and clubs in the UK or even on one of the sky sports channels

Jaffboy151

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Foxsat 160gb freesat pvr, technomate 5200 super, 60cm motorised dish
My Location
Stone, Staffordshire, uk
Hmm, this ones going to be interesting to watch! See who wins. And for once were not on about the football, I would imagine the big European providers will club together and ask for a greatly reduced price for there next deals as they stand to loose a lot of revenue, plus surely they have multiscreen subscribers who will want there money back or will cancel there subs as a result of this action.. They must have done this as a result from huge pressure from sky threatening to slash what they will pay in future, unless they curb the big dish cancer eating into there profits.. Is the sky deal worth more then all the other European ones put together? Must be if they are willing to play this trump card...

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Sky Sports Europe anyone lolol

cdtronix

Supporting Advertiser
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.1m Triax With Inverto Black Ultra fixed on 4.8East. 60cm Dish Fixed on 28East both Diseqc onto Dreambox 800HD. Cdtronix 1.2m Motorised with Twin LNB using Technomate TM6800 HD. Seperate Sky+ HD & Icecrypt S1500C.
My Location
Essex
smoggy07 said:
Sky Sports Europe anyone lolol

I recon something along those lines will be coming in the next year or so, thats if the Murdochs dont loose their broadcasting license, wouldnt that be nice :D

I.LuV.ManUTd!

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised with quad LNB, static 28.2E with quad LNB, VU+ Duo, DM500S, DM500S, DM800HD, Openbox S9.
My Location
Manchester

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
I.LuV.ManUTd! said:
Source?....

Is the BBC a good enough source? :D

-http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17309016

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
Nothing on the bbc article to say 3pm games to be stopped ?

Pubs have wrecked it for us home viewers, which is a shame.

fergyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo with ViX and OSCAM, Prof Revolution 7301 PCI Card, 2x Dreambox 500S, 80cm Technomate Dish with Inverto Black Ultra and TM-2600 DiSEqC Motor. Technomate TM-300D along with a few zone 1 minidishes that get moved regularly and a zone 2 for 19e a
My Location
Northumberland
-http://www.viasat.dk/tv/sport/kategorier/fodbold/premier-league-xtra

Maxbats

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ HD
Technomate TM5402 HD Super
TRIAX TD110 1.1M Satellite Dish
Superior Dark Motor DiseqC 1.2
Technomate LNB Universal Twin Output TM-2 0.1dB
Toshiba C660 Laptop
My Location
The Moon
fergyc said:
-_http://www.viasat.dk/tv/sport/kategorier/fodbold/premier-league-xtra

I think it means that each individual broadcaster can only show 1 game at 3pm on a Saturday. So Viasat lose their simultaneous broadcasts of all games via satellite, but other providers may show other games, but only one each.

I suppose, if all providers don't all jump on the same match, we may be ok?

A similar message is on TV2 PL channel (Norway) & Canal+ Finland website

=http://www.canaldigital.fi/2012/03/09/canaln-valioliiga-tarjontaan-muutoksia/
=http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tv2.no%2Fomtv2%2Faktuelt%2Fslik-blir-barclays-premier-league-paa-tv-2-3212099.html&act=url

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Maxbats said:
I suppose, if all providers don't all jump on the same match, we may be ok?

Do you really think folk are going to buy 6 or 7 subscriptions so they can get a choice of games?

I.LuV.ManUTd!

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised with quad LNB, static 28.2E with quad LNB, VU+ Duo, DM500S, DM500S, DM800HD, Openbox S9.
My Location
Manchester
I was just reading on LJ's and someone made a good point that the Premier League are wrecking it for themselves.

The poster mentioned the Bundesliga and how all games are shown on TV but the attendances remain the best in Europe because of lower ticket prices.

Won't this simply reducing the number of people watching the Premier League, the price of contracts etc. it will only harm them further..

The attendances being maintained excuse is pretty poor, just look at Germany!

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Analoguesat said:
Do you really think folk are going to buy 6 or 7 subscriptions so they can get a choice of games?

A potential spin-off is the local terraces getting repopulated, as there will be little incentive to stop off at the pub.

fergyc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Northumberland
Channel Hopper said:
A potential spin-off is the local terraces getting repopulated, as there will be little incentive to stop off at the pub.

As a non-league football supporter I can say that I've rarely seen a difference when the local EPL team is playing at 3pm at the same time.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Strange this but the TV2 HD PL channels EPG are showing games, 0.8W, TV2 HD PL2 Chelsea Vs Stoke, TV2 HD PL3 Aston Villa Vs Fulham, yet nothing listed on LJ's. We'll know in a few minutes.
They are showing the games listed, at least so far.
Now they have gone scrambled, at least using my system, but clearly they are still broadcasting these games.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I.LuV.ManUTd! said:
I was just reading on LJ's and someone made a good point that the Premier League are wrecking it for themselves.

The poster mentioned the Bundesliga and how all games are shown on TV but the attendances remain the best in Europe because of lower ticket prices.

Won't this simply reducing the number of people watching the Premier League, the price of contracts etc. it will only harm them further..

The attendances being maintained excuse is pretty poor, just look at Germany!

The 3pm blackout isn't to protect Premiership gates, it's to protect lower league gates and if you look at 2.Bundesliga and 3.liga gates, they're no better than the English league attendances at similar levels and there are less teams in Germany with a bigger population.

2.Bundesliga (18 sides) _http://soccernet.espn.go.com/stats/attendance/_/league/ger.2/german-2.-bundesliga?cc=5739

Championship (25 sides) _http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/DivisionalAttendance/0,,10794~20117,00.html

3.Liga (20 sides) _http://www.worldfootball.net/zuschauer/3-liga-2010-2011/1/

N Power League 1 (24 sides) _http://itv.stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D2/attend.html

davemurgtroyd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Oxford
Considering that the UK rights on their own brought in a revenue of over £1.5 billion with the rest of the world bringing in just over half that. With Showtime and Singapore paying £200 million each that makes the revenue from the rest of Europe minimal and the EPL could well afford to stop selling within the EU or even take a drop in income and merely stop 3 p.m.s.