Advice Needed Faulty Freesat box or LNB problem?

Wise Wolf

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Currently, a Sagem Freesat + box connected to a sky dish (the dish is at least 13 years old, maybe older). The Sagem has 2 scarts, 2 satellite inputs and an HDMI. I also have a 2002/3 Apple desktop I bought second hand about a year ago. Thank you.
My Location
Southern Scotland
My Freesat box works (albeit slowly and with a necessity to unplug it and re-start it sometimes); however, for the last few days, it’s been telling me that there’s no signal on every station, (when I key in a station number), and when I go into the ‘programme guide’, it doesn’t show the possible list of programme types or list any programmes, though it does open the pages they should be on. I’m unable to access the LNB myself. If anybody can help, I’d be very grateful.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Are you using the SCART on the Sagem, it may no longer receive the latest broadcasting standard if the HDMI port is just an upscaler.

What connectors are on the back of your television ?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
From your description sounds like a failing power supply, do you know anyone with a Freesat or sky box that they can lend you for an hour or so to test?

Wise Wolf

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Currently, a Sagem Freesat + box connected to a sky dish (the dish is at least 13 years old, maybe older). The Sagem has 2 scarts, 2 satellite inputs and an HDMI. I also have a 2002/3 Apple desktop I bought second hand about a year ago. Thank you.
My Location
Southern Scotland
My Freesat box works (albeit slowly and with a necessity to unplug it and re-start it sometimes); however, for the last few days, it’s been telling me that there’s no signal on every station, (when I key in a station number), and when I go into the ‘programme guide’, it doesn’t show the possible list of programme types or list any programmes, though it does open the pages they should be on. I’m unable to access the LNB myself. If anybody can help, I’d be very grateful.
Thank you very much for your replies and your time and trouble, but my partner, who wasn’t prepared to unplug his satellite box for me to try, has persuaded me to make an appointment with a satellite repair company, and they are coming tomorrow. Thank you again though.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Not the cheapest option but hey-ho.

What is the television btw ?