Fibo 90cm declination angle

bloater

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fibo 90/Technomate 5500DAPCI
My Location
Kent
I am setting up a Fibo dish but cannot establish the correct declination angle, to set on the back of the dish.

Fibo data states the theoretical offset angle is 24.6deg. but lower in the spec sheet the figure is 15deg.

Can anyone please advise.

My latitude is 51.41, longitude 0.79, which gives an elevation of 30deg, to be added to the the dish offset.

At present I am getting a 'no signal' message on my Technomate 5500 DAPCI receiver, which I believe may be due to an incorrectly set declination angle.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Bloater

johnsattuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 5800 Echostar3000,DB7000, Relook 400S, Humax HDC2000, 55cm Fibo Gregorian dish with waveguide and Motek 2100 mod, 90cm Fibo Gregorian dish, 120cm Fibo Gregorian dish on a 1224 motor with waveguide
My Location
West Mids, UK
Is the dish on it's Fibo mount or another make. :confused

Dish angle is (el. angle) 30 deg - (offset angle) ~ 25deg = 5deg.

ie: nearly vertical at due south.

bloater

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kent
Hi Oldgeezer,

Thanks for the reply & info.

The mount is original Fibo, purchased as a complete package from Spectrum, when Fibo ceased production of home satellite dishes.

Regards,

Bloater

johnsattuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 5800 Echostar3000,DB7000, Relook 400S, Humax HDC2000, 55cm Fibo Gregorian dish with waveguide and Motek 2100 mod, 90cm Fibo Gregorian dish, 120cm Fibo Gregorian dish on a 1224 motor with waveguide
My Location
West Mids, UK
The Fibo dish on it's own mount is one of the easiest to set up. The scales are on the precision diecastings and are quite accurate. :)

The pole must be vertical, or if mounted on the wall, the mount must be set vertically.

Set the mount to the your lat. on the scale, set the dish to your lat. on the scale on the back of the dish. If set as accurately as you can, they usualy only then need minor tweaks. The dish will only be leaning back a few degrees.

dishpointer.com will show you exactly where your due south is, (and also the look angles for other sats), this is where the dish must look when the mount is at zero deg.

bloater

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kent
Hi Oldgeezer,

Many thanks for the info.

I set the dish up many years ago and had forgotten how straightforward the alignment was; perhaps other dish makers could learn a thing or two from Fibo, certainly in terms of the engineering which is superb.

My dish has functioned faultlessly for at least 15years and given many happy hours viewing.

Regards,

bloater