Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
The old cast iron water mains in the area are being replaced so we are currently surrounded by holes in the roads, barriers, no water supplies from 8am until 6.00pm. That is not a problem, we had plenty of warning and were able to make temporary arrangements but the customer information pack caused me to chuckle, whilst I understand why they do it it just seemed funny at the time as they would require help to read the page below as well

Attachments

• Scan50041.JPG
    Scan50041.JPG
    341.3 KB · Views: 35

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
:D And if you are sight impaired you will know where the holes are, when you fall down them. :(

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm500, TM9100, Samsung V+, 1M Dish. Motect 2100..
37Inch Plasma, Wii, Xbox360.
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
not really because if someone has a sight problem they have a carer, and if they have a carer they read all the mail.. :p

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Yeshi said:
not really because if someone has a sight problem they have a carer, and if they have a carer they read all the mail.. :p

Well that is certainly not my experience my nan had cataracts for 30 years and she never once had a carer she was too proud:eek:

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Speaking of water pipes, they did the same round here, but ever since, the water pressure has been all over the place, some days it's niagra falls and others it's barely a trickle....:eek:

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
The Water Board sent leaflets out to every house in our street. "We're turning the water off from 7am to 8pm. Thank you."

Everyone I knew had their showers earlier and filled pans and kettles in preparation. When it came to 12.30pm and the water was still on, I asked when the water was going to be turned off.

"It went off, mate - at 10am. For a minute of so."

And that was it. A minute. Or, to be slightly more precise, 60 seconds. :D

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Saturlight said:
The Water Board sent leaflets out to every house in our street. "We're turning the water off from 7am to 8pm. Thank you."

Everyone I knew had their showers earlier and filled pans and kettles in preparation. When it came to 12.30pm and the water was still on, I asked when the water was going to be turned off.

"It went off, mate - at 10am. For a minute of so."

And that was it. A minute. Or, to be slightly more precise, 60 seconds. :D

Lucky you, I had a whole day of nothing, luckily I wasn't actually in during the day so all I really needed was the morning loo-flush... :D