First help DB 5620

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Henrik007 said:
The guides are excellent. But sometimes you need the company of a living person to discuss matters. I´ll read the guides a few more times and see if I may have missed something...

That rules out Stick as he is a machine O-Ha

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I'll be back... (-|-)

bin20

Reaction score
Hi john_graydon vbmenu_register("postmenu_155054", true); it is me back..i have downloaded hydra56xx_olympia_final.img, when i press the blue botton i got cpanel and then when i try to download softcams it says (download failed./tmp/emuselekta.cfg not found) and i dont know what to do so plz help me. tnx

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Hey Bin, why don't you try the more advanced Hydra Angharad? This one works ok as far as I have tested....

bin20

Reaction score
i have just installed the hydra anghared but when i try to to download keys or last cpanel it takes along time saying please waite ....downloading marys keys bundel so what will i do?

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
bin20 said:
i have just installed the hydra anghared but when i try to to download keys or last cpanel it takes along time saying please waite ....downloading marys keys bundel so what will i do?

Best do do then is this:

Do a flash erase so that the image is "clean"
Make sure your network settings are ok.
Load up some channels and get a channel. Select with the blue button "Common interface" and save this. (I am not 100% sure it is needed, but I have a feeling that if you are on a cam that you are trying to change it causes problems)

Download the latest control panel, then reboot,
Download the cams that you want such as newcamd 5.25, reboot again and then go to h**p://yowie.caliph.net.au/hydra/keys/mary.tar.gz

Download the files, unpack them and then FTP them, to the correct place (you will know where by the name of the directories they are in)
I would change all of the files you loaded to CHmod 755

I just did this some while ago and it works ok.
If you still encounter problems then maybe your network settings are not ok.

I have experienced problems with the keys download myself, so that's why I prefer to FTP the files one by one, and then check if the file size is the same.

After that you might need to reboot and then choose newcamd.

bin20

Reaction score
hi TG the blue botton is smartcam, do u mean the green one?

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
bin20 said:
hi TG the blue botton is smartcam, do u mean the green one?

No I meant the blue one. Before you start downloading press the blue and change the default softcam . Then do the other stuff

bin20

Reaction score
i did the first step but when i want to download the last cpanel it takes time to downlaodi and i dont get any result.
but i want to ask u fromwhere is he downloading the control panel i dont know realy tnx

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
When you got everything ready press on the green button, and then go to the "Hydra Setup" . There you can download the "Control Panel"

It is a bastard at times with the Hydra, but it does work in the end....
The problem is that the VAR directory is almost full, so when you try to download the EMUS and the keys you get problems.

Be patient...

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
bin20 said:
it takes time to downlaod

What type of Internet connection are you on?

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
bin20 said:
i did the first step but when i want to download the last cpanel it takes time to downlaodi and i dont get any result.
but i want to ask u fromwhere is he downloading the control panel i dont know realy tnx

Is your network set up right.
go into menu
set up
xpert set up
communication set up
ip: 192.168.0.24
DHCP: unchecked
Netmask: 255.255.255.0
Type: lan
Nameserver: 192.168.0.1
Gateway: 192.168.0.1
port 80
Enable network: Check
Save: green button.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
After I wrote the previous posts on this matter I played around with the Hydra angahard, and I must say it pissed me off. You always get messages that the VAR is 94% full, and the key download does not always work too smooth. Then it worked for a while and I got problems with the newcamd.

So, I went and tried the new SF image and found it much easier to sort out. I have had it running now since this afternoon, and no problems. Motor works ok. Keys and emu download also fine.

Maybe you should try it. you can download it from the IHAD site or from here:
h**p://www.anfy.cz/DM56xx/SF_image/

bin20

Reaction score
i just installed SF_image but there is no emu and keys idont know what to do but the image is good and beutifull so wich botton is the cpanel or is it conculuded evrything thnks

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hey bin
Yes, it is a good image, stil no reboot needed after 2 days...

To get the addons, you go to the setup menu and choose external addons. Then choose download addons from alternativ, and take it from there. It is pretty easy even for a complete novice.

I am the last one to hold out information to other users, but do me a favour and try to play with the image and dreambox before asking questions.
I think the SF image is one of the easiest ones to find out what to do, you can find this on your own.

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
T_G said:
Hey bin
I am the last one to hold out information to other users, but do me a favour and try to play with the image and dreambox before asking questions.

One of the last ones, but not the last one!
But I agree on playing before asking.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
bin20 said:
i just installed SF_image but there is no emu and keys idont know what to do but the image is good and beutifull so wich botton is the cpanel or is it conculuded evrything thnks

*Bin 20
Just use the coloured buttons and get what you want from them remembering to exit or lame out of the menu when you want to leave. If you are trying to download keys/cams and it does not install then you have your network set up wrong and this needs to be corrected before you can do this.

bob49

Reaction score
After I wrote the previous posts on this matter I played around with the Hydra angahard, and I must say it pissed me off. You always get messages that the VAR is 94% full, and the key download does not always work too smooth. Then it worked for a while and I got problems with the newcamd.
I got /var down to about 66% by deleting cardserver.* and cardspider.* (since I don't use card sharing). Using the control panel I deleted all of the softcams - Newcamd etc ... . Using telnet I then cleaned out any remnants in /var/keys /var/scce etc of newcamd, radegast - some of these are quite big. Back into the control panel to load in just one cam - I used mgcamd - and update keys from Marys key bundle.

This worked quite well and left /var with a lot of room - important for a 5620.

Having said that I still found Hydra Angharad a bit unstable and had to reboot a bit too often, so now using the latest IHAD image, which hasn't got so many features but seems a bit more stable. Perhaps I'll try the SF image though ...

Bob

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
It is day 3 now and the dreambox-Motor-SF combination works wonderful.
It actually switches nicely between sats without too many problems like with the Angahard...