Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
hotbird 13
My Location
uk
Guys
I flashed hydra image on DB 7020
what is the next step now.
Is it ready to watch channels or there is another step.

please help.

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
your starting a new thread for every step of dreambox installation! make sure you have read all the guides, and then some. yeah, i had plenty of questions when i started, about 3 weeks ago, but i got up to speed quickly with the information that is already posted, and asked questions when i had to. if this is the only thing you've done since getting your box, and have not saved channels to dreambox edit, you'll want to setup your satellite configuration, then do a transponder scan, that will add all the channels for you to watch. then you'll want to save those to dreambox edit so you dont have to do it again. after that you'll probably want to set up a softcam etc to unlock more channels on hotbird, and then your pretty set.

Fransuoa

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
hotbird 13
My Location
uk
thanks alot
I am new to this I got alot of informations this week at least I know how to flash an image . the problem is those sites donot explain the steps in order so there is lots of informations but which is first , what is the use of this step. e.g. satellite.xml etc
cheers

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
if this is your first flashing, and you have not scanned for any channels, ftp in the satelliets.xml file, overwriting the older one. then setup your satellite config, do a service scan, and that should be it, you should have channels if your dish and that is setup right. save to dreambox edit once you have done that, and use it to make your favourites list.

Fransuoa

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
hotbird 13
My Location
uk
is there any recomended site
(good one ), books or magazines for informations.

thanks

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
You're on the best source of info I've found so far, alot of the how tos and what not out there will always be a little out of date. You will find it difficult to find a book or mag to answer the questions you need, but maybe I'm wrong.

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
for someone that lives in holland and can only speak english,this website is the most informative ive been on.most of the guys on here are very helpful,if youve got the time to learn.i too was once a beginner,we all were.with that image,now youve done that bit,you have to scan the satellites and put the channels in,after that then start messing about with the cams etc,and checking out what each opens up on the various satellites.HAVE FUN!!!!!!

TWAG