football setup uk

N

ngj36uk

Hi
people i am after buying a setup for a down stairs flat i am after picking up uk channels and also all the football someone told be to buy a bein box for sport also what type of card do i go for etc any advise would appreciate it thank you

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Welcome to the forum :)

Presumably you want all the UK 3pms - forget it - its no longer possible and hasnt been for a couple of years. FAPL has stopped the easily received providers showing multiple kickoffs.

A few games are around and you may even find a couple of channels showing a 3pm in the clear, although for the latter the quality can be fairly awful and the commentary is normally Portuguese :D

N

ngj36uk

could i pick up much on my standard sky dish or should i get a bit bigger one and also what about uk channels and the bein box as alot sport at 3 o clock but dont know much about it till today thank for quick reply

Riverblue

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Near Brighton
could i pick up much on my standard sky dish or should i get a bit bigger one and also what about uk channels and the bein box as alot sport at 3 o clock but dont know much about it till today thank for quick reply
If you motorised your skydish you might pick up the odd channel showing English Football, there's not much about that's in the clear.

For Bein Sports you'll need a dish pointed at 7.2W Eutelsat 7 WestA. You will need at least a 1.0m dish, probably even bigger at your location to give any kind off rain margin. You'll also need a paired card and receiver for it to work. :)

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You would vbe best having 2 separate setups - one for Sky UK using a standard oval dish and the "football dish" with a dedicated receiver for this.

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hi ngj and welcome to the forum, you will also need to check what satellites you can see, you say you live in a down floor flat you might have problems installing a bigger dish ?,

Please use the link below to check for obstacles in your location,
http://www.dishpointer.com/

Btw what part of Sheffield do you live in please

N

ngj36uk

Thanks for the great help postcode is s26 3** I am high up on a hill I use to program cards years ago is there anything worth programming these days

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Thanks for the great help postcode is s26 3** I am high up on a hill I use to program cards years ago is there anything worth programming these days

Nope - programming cards died out 4 or 5 years ago when the encryptions were tighten up.

PS Ive taken your postcode out the previous post.

N

ngj36uk

No problem I don't mind that's why I put it I just wondered why they is a lot of card and programmers etc still for sale

baky20

Reaction score
For small sky dish you can pick position 13.0e provider nc+ it's polish 3pm foot. But rest of is dual lang. And card you can buy on ebay

Last edited by a moderator:

william-1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
OP Gibertini 100 XP+ Inverto Black Ultra Lnb
Superior Dark Motor (160° max)
(50 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+Optima (A/B switch) Edision primo IP S2

Raven 88cm Mesh Dish + IBU Twin output
Stab100 H to H (120° max)
(53 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+ Ultra HD (A/B switch) Golden Interstar Alpha_X
My Location
Epping Forest Essex
Try feed hunting for 3pm KO I normally find 1 or 2 but do not publish otherwise they will be encrypted,

Just get yourself a TM5302HD or 5502HD & scan the satellites from 48 east to 55 west eventually you will find them but it does take a lot of work that is why most of us do not post them.

N

ngj36uk

Would I be ok with a 1meter dish and how do I get al jazeera sport on 13 East can I decode in anyway cheers

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk

mikeisyou

Feed Hunter
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Octagon SX88+, Static 1.2m Raven Dish (22w to 33e), Motorized Dish (9e to 52e)
My Location
England
Would I be ok with a 1meter dish and how do I get al jazeera sport on 13 East can I decode in anyway cheers

If you posted this a couple of years ago you'd be correct, Al Jazeera Sports was moved from Hotbird soon after it got the premier leagues rights even though its premier league coverage was either blocked or never shown on Hotbird. Al Jazeera Sports rebranded itself to Bein Sports earlier this year and has made its service more secure. The best way to get Bein Sports is through Nilesat at 7W which requires a 1.2m dish in your area, you'll need to somehow get a box from the middle east. Best of luck

N

ngj36uk

Thanks for that great info the location I am in and been in a down stairs flat I can't get 7w I am out of luck unless I scan round east etc and hope for the best

william-1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
OP Gibertini 100 XP+ Inverto Black Ultra Lnb
Superior Dark Motor (160° max)
(50 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+Optima (A/B switch) Edision primo IP S2

Raven 88cm Mesh Dish + IBU Twin output
Stab100 H to H (120° max)
(53 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+ Ultra HD (A/B switch) Golden Interstar Alpha_X
My Location
Epping Forest Essex

A 1oocm dish in the East of England is ok for me 120cm if you are further West or North of my location,
The best satellites are 23.5east,16 east,10 east,7 east, 3 east, 1 west,8 west,12.5 west & 24.5 west,

Here is a guide of the active parts of the Ku band for UK, Ireland & France.

Attachments

• Active Ku Band chart 53 east to 45 west.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 51