Football

pixey

Reaction score
My Location
South UK
Can anyone tell me what satellites in Europe (that can be received in the UK) regularly broadcast English premiership football (other than Murdock) and if they have been "compromised" or not.

Thanks

Pixey

PRINCE

Reaction score
My Location
uh::
Hi,

Check this link out http://www.knplogic.co.uk/lovelyjubbly/

Regards

Prince

pixey

Reaction score
My Location
South UK
Thanks for the link Prince, can you tell me what size dish I will need to get and also a suitable reciever/cam combination as I am new to this.
Thanks

Pixey

PRINCE

Reaction score
My Location
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 03-May-02 AT 02:41 PM (GMT)]Hi,

The dish size depends on your location, and the bigger the better, I am in London and use a 1 Meter dish.
I would recommend the freecam as a choice of cam,it does 5 encryptions with the one cam.However if you go for the Humax you wouldn't need a cam.
Concerning receiver I suggest you read one of 2old answer on the choice of receiver as there is lot of issue to consider such as your budget,Motorised or Not, receiver that can be patched(Humax, Samsung,Nokia, Manhattan) and those that can't be patched(Echostar, Strong 4375)but offer some other functionality.

Regards

Prince

pixey

Reaction score
My Location
South UK
Thanks Prince, I have been recomended to buy a Humax 5300(x). Is it possable to buy one of these already patched for freecam or is it difficult to do yourself, (does the x mean that it is already patched or is it a different model?). Also I have been concidering a motorized dish, is 1 meter big enough or would I be better getting a 1.2 meter?
I am also in London.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Get the largest you can get away with

A 1.2 is the start of a decent system where all sorts of feeds become reliable

Additionally the Sirius Vertical transponders, and those from Arabsat/Nilesat are viewable, many of which have football on them

Unfortunately its about the size where it becomes a nuisance to nosey neighbours.

PRINCE

Reaction score
My Location
Hi,

I don't know much about the Humax 5300x, but if it has a port at the
back, then you should be able to patch it yourself, just need to follow the instruction carefully.It seeems with the 5300 you would still need a cam.I hope you have not mixed up the 5400 and the 5300.

Regards

Prince

pixey

Reaction score
My Location
South UK
Maybe I am, I have just been reading about the 5400 and that sounds like the sort of thing I want. What do you think: Humax IRCI 5400 Patched with FreeCam +2002D, £329. ??

Pixey

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sounds like a reasonable deal Pixey.

Rolf