Force 1122S Dish driving

plant-fanatic

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Force D Master 1122S Receiver with ! metre HtoH Dish
Guys,
I've just bought a 2nd hand Force 1122S complete with 1m dish & floor mount on ebay and it works great except that the instruction manual and on screen Menu's aren't really up to much!
Question 1 - How can I add satellites to the ones already stored? I seem to be missing quite a few and of course they are the ones I want to watch!

Question 2 - Can I drive the dish independently from any on screen menus? Or is there a menu that allows you to do this. (The East/West set limits menu freezes after a few seconds)

Thanks in advance for any replies.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
You can download a manual from here if that helps...

h**p://force.fe1.tangora.com/showpage.asp?ID=58

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Hi PF,
The instruction manual and the on-screen instructions do take a lot of getting used too I'm afraid. As to your first question about adding satellites, program in a strong FTA channel on the satellite that you require then go to "Setup channels" click and then select "Position Adjust". Then move the dish by using the four controls till you get the strongest signal "Quality" then press "Submit".
If you want to add more satellites you will need to change the name & position in the "Positions" section but don't use No 30 Turksat 1B or No 36 Free as they both have "bugs".

As to question 2 I think you can only manually drive the dish while in "Motor" section, and as for the east-west limits you may well have big problems as the limits can be set only once and not reset. So if someone has already set the limits you will not be able to reset them, stupid idea I know, best of luck.

What satellites are you after ?

plant-fanatic

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Force D Master 1122S Receiver with ! metre HtoH Dish
Sorry could not reply earlier, but been away a few days - thanks for the input.
Couple more queries;
What is the purpose of the data link socket at the back of the receiver?
Thanks again
PF
Rob said:
Hi PF,
The instruction manual and the on-screen instructions do take a lot of getting used too I'm afraid. As to your first question about adding satellites, program in a strong FTA channel on the satellite that you require then go to "Setup channels" click and then select "Position Adjust". Then move the dish by using the four controls till you get the strongest signal "Quality" then press "Submit".
If you want to add more satellites you will need to change the name & position in the "Positions" section but don't use No 30 Turksat 1B or No 36 Free as they both have "bugs".

As to question 2 I think you can only manually drive the dish while in "Motor" section, and as for the east-west limits you may well have big problems as the limits can be set only once and not reset. So if someone has already set the limits you will not be able to reset them, stupid idea I know, best of luck.

What satellites are you after ?

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
The Datalink socket is a parallel interface to connect to a P.C.
i.e. In case of major software trouble you can load old v34 software.
You can also use the "Channel Editor" which is supposed to make sorting the channels out, easier. :cool: