Fortec Passion and HD

chocobogamer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FortecStar Passion
My Location
UK
I have just bought this box and it seems to be pretty good. really suprised how relatively easy a dish is to set up too.

I added channels via search for astra 2A or whatever its called and found em all, BBCHD worked, then I did the updates to 1.1.5 and 1.5 for firmware and loaders, manually added ITVHD, rescanned and found a few other HD channels. Now BBCHD comes up as no signal, and on various other channels the box reboots. Particularly Luxe HD

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

Ratchet

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402(M2), TBS 6983, Sky+ HD, Stab USALS HH100, Faval 1M, Triax TD54, Hauppauge HD PVR
My Location
Falkirk
chocobogamer said:
I have just bought this box and it seems to be pretty good. really suprised how relatively easy a dish is to set up too.

I added channels via search for astra 2A or whatever its called and found em all, BBCHD worked, then I did the updates to 1.1.5 and 1.5 for firmware and loaders, manually added ITVHD, rescanned and found a few other HD channels. Now BBCHD comes up as no signal, and on various other channels the box reboots. Particularly Luxe HD

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

There is a known reboot problem with firmware version 115 that affects Luxe TV HD and Ch 4 HD. The latest version available from Fortec Star's website has this bug but there have been a few beta releases since that have fixed the problem. These are available for download on the Sataid forum.

chocobogamer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FortecStar Passion
My Location
UK
Hi Thanks for the quick reply.
Any reason why BBCHD doesnt seem to want to work?

How do you get C4 HD, I thought it was scrambled?

Thanks

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Ch4 HD is FTV - that means it's only accessible using either your Sky card or purchasing a Sky Freesat card.

You'll also need a CAM (Diablo or Dragon/TRex) that has been programmed to work with the card.

Llew

Ratchet

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402(M2), TBS 6983, Sky+ HD, Stab USALS HH100, Faval 1M, Triax TD54, Hauppauge HD PVR
My Location
Falkirk
chocobogamer said:
Hi Thanks for the quick reply.
Any reason why BBCHD doesnt seem to want to work?

How do you get C4 HD, I thought it was scrambled?

Thanks

Not sure about your BBC HD problem, I've seen a few complaints about people losing audio but never about losing the signal altogether.

To get Ch4 HD you need a CAM such as Diablo or Dragon / T-Rex and a valid Sky viewing card.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Llew said:
Ch4 HD is FTV - that means it's only accessible using either your Sky card or purchasing a Sky Freesat card.
It's very interesting that it works with a $ly FTV card.

We already know that it doesn't work with an expired $ly subs card but does it work with an original BBC Solus card? I would suspect not but has anyone been able to try this out?