Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Innovation HD
Technomate 1000d
Vacarro Eliptical Dish
Strong Motor
My Location
Galway,Ireland
Help Needed. I have a Fortec Star Lifetime Classic Receiver.The picture goes out of sync with the audio. Is there an update available or should I throw it out.?It work fine otherwise and picks up most channels. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum Guban

I think you are just trying to confuse us with your first post. Your profile says you have a technomate 1000 and your first post is asking about a fortecstar? My first thoughts are as follows:-
Is this a new problem, or is it just on a certain channel/satellite?
Is it the same on FTA (unencrypted) as on encrypted channels?
Is it just when watching film channels?

Guban

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Innovation HD
Technomate 1000d
Vacarro Eliptical Dish
Strong Motor
My Location
Galway,Ireland
Thanks Topper, Sorry for the confision. I have two receivers. The problem is not new and affects all channels. I don't receive encrypted channels on the Fortec Star.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Well I do not hold out much hope here, my feeble understanding is that both audio and video packets are streamed together thus in theory should be in sync with each other when displayed. Obviously at some point where the audio is stripped from the video, one or the other is then processed and experiences a delay probably passing through a buffer but you do not say which is early or which is later, not that it matters as I do not have the answer for you. Perhaps some other members having similar equipment have experienced the same?