FortecStar 5600 II - crashing

SheepDip

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FortecStar 5600 II, with 85cm dish (x4 LNBs)
My Location
Denmark
I have a fortecstar 5600 II which has stopped working.

Symptoms; channel counter continually increments, remote has no effect and once on a blue screen appears called the MONITORING CONSOLE with some basic troubleshooting info. (i can't get to the menu screen).

Does anyone know what could be causing this? or have some suggestions?

Dippy

eljem56

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sat >nordic
receiver>fortec
PC>XP
My Location
sweden
my receivers (platinium) didn t crash yet...There was a gye from pakistan who hade a still existing site and forum for fortecstar stuff, but unfortuntly this didnt seem to be an honest one ...I tryied an other way to find something about fortec and found yahoo groups, there also are some dishonest people who know that fortec receivers needed uppdated so they creat group just to be visited and nothing there moore than mature content stuff. I wonder how stupid can people be just to misslead other, it is seek and stink.
best regards to all honest and kind others who just give a stright answer.

SheepDip

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Denmark
Anyone?? Need assistance here.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi, All I can suggest is to try reloading the factory firmware, it is available here:-

_http://www.fortecstar.com/downloads/

SheepDip

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Denmark
After trying a few things

• Trying to upload new firmware (existing uploader for the 5600 II does not download from fortecstar.com or link is broken) using different uploaders and an old r232 cable into the receiver port and the mouse port on my PC and getting no where - funnily enough
  • Removing the cover then disconnecting various pieces from the board and turning it on and off
  • kicking it

the solution was to hold down the x2 channel buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds. Everything worked fine after that.

And now to watch the elections :)

Dippy

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
SheepDip said:
the solution was to hold down the x2 channel buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds. Everything worked fine after that.

That is the sort of solution that is very stb specific but someone may find it useful in the future, but what did that actually do?