Forum Problems.........PLEASE READ

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 24-Feb-02 AT 06:56 PM (GMT)]You all may have noticed that there has been a problem with the forum today, the database had somehow become corrupted, but Chris has managed to get most of it back. There are still a couple of forums missing, chit chat being one of them, this should return in the next couple of days when Chris has had a chance to re-write the URLs.

The member information has reverted to an early backup, so some of you may find that your information has changed, E-mail address etc, all you have to do is go back into your profile to change it.

You will also notice that some of the last post dates are wrong, but they should correct themselves as further posts are added.

Should all be back to normal in a couple of days, thank you all for your continued support.

Rolf

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I have also discovered a problem with some user accounts which are missing, seems to be the case if they registered in the past few months. I apologise in advance to anyone who has to re-register and hope that it doesn't cause too many problems.

Rolf

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Welcome back.

What a way to spend your week-end?

Thanks chaps...

Regards

W. H.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Well Chris seems to have cured the problem, but the residual effects will be around for a while. The post counts will be a bit out, but whilst being irritating is not a real problem.

Rolf

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Humax IRCI5400z, Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403, 1.1m Triax, Technomate TH-2600 DiSEqC mount, Sony BDV-E280 Home Cinema system, ancient Logik Freeview PVR.
My Location
Kernow
Thanks to everyone (Chris and Rolf) for getting the Board up again. I'm sure that there are more interesting ways to spend a weekend!

wolsty

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Ah! the problems of corrupted software.

You have my deepest sympathy

Im sure more man hours have been wasted on this type of trouble since the PC became a household object, than all other glitches combined since the dawn of time.

Hope its sorted out, need that fix you know !

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Yeah, tell me about it. :)

But I must be totally honest, Chris did all the work on getting the forum back up, with some clever memory re-allocation and a lot of time.

What I really want to know though, is why is it only me who's lost all his posts. :)

Reckon it's one of those conspiracies :)

Rolf

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Been trying to write to the ITV digital forum

Posts may be duplicated if they ever get through, apologies

Lots of error messaged with server highlights.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Youre not paranoid

They really are after you !

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I've always secretly known that CH. LOL

Rolf

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
If its of help relaying the problems from this end

Netscape Communicator always hangs on the first page, just before the link exchange banner at exactly 970 bytes

Bypassing this by jumping immediately to the discussion link allows accessing the various threads, but I can only reply to some, some have no subject and others are in the form of lists of previous posts, but with no forward path

A Gordian knot I think these were called, only one real solution as you may know from Mythology

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
And I appear to have more posts than you Rolf

Have you changed your e-mail address, or some other small part of your user profile ?

Theres also the chance that somebody has tapped your existing password and is deleting your old posts as we speak

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Perhaps it wouldn't be such a bad thing CH, might hide some early gaffs.

I think that the post losses have something to do with the way information is stored and reported on the database. As I was the only one with the ability to log in during the downtimes, it started my post count from Zero. Looks like I've got some making up to do :)

Rolf

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I've discovered a couple of problems on URLs to topics, the "Nobbly's big Links" topic produces a blank form at the moment, but should be recoverable eventually.

Rolf

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Still trouble this morning accessing ITV Digital forum

'Internal Server Error' comes up on screen

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hello All

Seems to be one missing at the bottom.

Or have been excomunicated?

Regards

W.H.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
The two best bods are on the case

Mums the word !

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
No it's OK W.H., the URL is broken at the moment the same as the Chit Chat forum, but it won't be fixed until thursday when Chris gets back home.

Rolf