Found a nice cooler for £4.50

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
Have a look at fleabay: search for 'DREAMBOX BASE COOLING'. It sits nicely underneath the dm800 and keeps it cool. It is also quiet and runs off USB port. I have the UK version not german.

DSat

Plank
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800
My Location
North
shumifan50 said:
Have a look at fleabay: search for 'DREAMBOX BASE COOLING'. It sits nicely underneath the dm800 and keeps it cool. It is also quiet and runs off USB port. I have the UK version not german.

I've got this, but I use it on my router, which kept tripping due to overheating in a cupboard. As standard the fan blows upwards onto the device, but I reversed it, which involved a bit of plastic snapping, but worked very well - better than the other way.

Its a great fan for the money, and my router is ice cool now. Pretty silent - if only it didn't have the LED!

:)

moelikepie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
iMac 20".
Custom HTPC.
DM800 HD.
Full Sky HD Irish Package.
My Location
ireland
definitely have to order one of these!

Douls

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm800, triax 90cm dish with technomate 2600 motor
My Location
glasgow
they have put the price up to £7.95, i have orderd one too

sproot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none as yet getting dm800hd
My Location
scotland
go to poundland ,,,guess the price, usb , colour lights, notebook cooler -- and it works great,,,

Chris76

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu+ duo with a 300gb hdd also dm500 and tecnomate 5200 with a 1m and 1.1m motorized dishes and minidish fixed to 28.2
My Location
Belfast
shumifan50 said:

Hi i can't seem to find it on fleebay would you be kind enough to pm the direct link thanks

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
celticnthell said:
Hi i can't seem to find it on fleebay would you be kind enough to pm the direct link thanks

Best to provide info on Forum so many can benefit.

I imagine it's this eBay Item # 260648148602

"Dreambox cooling" brings up a handful of identical items.

Digital2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500s,Dreambox 800HD PVR,Max 1000,Vivax 505, Starsat 200CI. Desktop with WinXP, Laptop with Vista & Netbook with Win7. External HD/Media Recorder.Hotbird,Nilesat,Asiasat3S & Intelsat.
My Location
Middle East (Currently!)
Anyone tried the 'notebook cooling stand' yet? You can get upto three fans installed in a single stand that accomodates DM800HD comfortably. Whats more, it costs very little; got myself a metallic stand with three fans for less than US$8. Plastic ones are even cheaper.

freddy

Reaction score
Yes really keeps box cool:cool:, I got one of these free with my DM800 all for 143euro!:)

Douls

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm800, triax 90cm dish with technomate 2600 motor
My Location
glasgow
Digital2 said:
Anyone tried the 'notebook cooling stand' yet? You can get upto three fans installed in a single stand that accomodates DM800HD comfortably. Whats more, it costs very little; got myself a metallic stand with three fans for less than US$8. Plastic ones are even cheaper.

can you send me a link via pm for this?

Digital2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500s,Dreambox 800HD PVR,Max 1000,Vivax 505, Starsat 200CI. Desktop with WinXP, Laptop with Vista & Netbook with Win7. External HD/Media Recorder.Hotbird,Nilesat,Asiasat3S & Intelsat.
My Location
Middle East (Currently!)
Douls said:
can you send me a link via pm for this?

Sorry bro, I'm currently residing in the middle east and I just visited the computer stores and grabbed one. I'm sure you'll find one at any computer store. Just look for a place that has more than just a couple of shops (so you'll get a good bargain!)