Fox Movies 7W moving permanently to Atlantic Bird 4A!!

Robbo

Retired Mod
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Damn it!!!, finally managed to get a stable picture on Fox Movies on Nilesat 101, 11766H on Nilesat 101, using a Channel Master 1.2, with an Inverto black ultra (beats the CM matched fedhorn BTW) and then discover that the channel will move to Atlantic Bird 4A at 7.2W (no chance with a 1.2m). New frequency is 11296H on AB4A according to the onscreen message.

BTWm I don't understand why the onscreen message says Nilesat 102, 11296H is on AB4A ?????
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0320.webp
    IMG_0320.webp
    111 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0321.webp
    IMG_0321.webp
    209.6 KB · Views: 81
Wonder if this means the version at 26 east will also be going, as the banner is scolling along the bottom there also, and so the only place to see Fox Movies and Fox Series is on AB4.
 
I don't know, it could just be referring to the signal on Nilesat. Though from here I cant pick it up from 26E either. Not sure what is worse for that channel 26E or AB. both need at least a 1.8m maybe a 2.4 or more.
 
Well I tried a 1m here and couldn´t get Atlantic Bird. Get 26 degrees ok here, so have tuned into that today, get a couple of extra channels, Future and MBC Persia. Going to try a 1.2m on Atlantic Bird tomorrow just incase that is going to be the only home for Fox Movies et al.
 
On a slightly different topic, would it be possible to get Astra2/EB and Atlantic Bird on the same dish with 2 LNBs, or is it not possible as they are too close?
 
Anyone got these 2 off a single dish? A friend wants them and can´t get permission for 2 dishes.
 
7W & 28E? Doubt it with a normal dish. However may be possible with a Wave Frontier toroidal type - they do about 40 degrees separation
 
The wave isn't much good for fringe reception, especially at the extreme offsets. And especially out of the box. Modding the lnb rail to allow individual adjustment of the lnbs would help though.
 
Not sure if there is anywhere that both sats can be received with an 80cm anyway. A motorised would be be a better bet.
 
Analoguesat said:
7W & 28E? Doubt it with a normal dish. However may be possible with a Wave Frontier toroidal type - they do about 40 degrees separation
I can't see it being possible even with a torroidal dish. I get 26ºE and 7ºW on my T90 but 28ºE and AB4A both need a much bigger dish (from here). Not sure how big AB4A needs in the Cannaries, but here it is at least 2 metres, although I can get some transponders on my 1.5m.
 
When I send my dish to AB4 at 7.2 the search just brings up a duplicate of the channels on Nilesat at 7 W.
 
You would have to separate the transponders that are from the Nilesats and AB4 and just scan the AB4 ones. You may receive one or two. I have had a couple of TPs on AB4 using a 1.8m here in the past.
 
Robbo said:
You would have to separate the transponders that are from the Nilesats and AB4 and just scan the AB4 ones. You may receive one or two. I have had a couple of TPs on AB4 using a 1.8m here in the past.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.
 
Sorry I meant 28E (astra 2 and EB1) and BADR 26E on one dish. Sorry. Anyone one had any joy with this, or not possible. Thanks
 
Yes, it is possible, but depends on dish size. Possible on a 1.2m with narrow LNB's. On larger than that it should be easier.
 
DishDick said:
Sorry I meant 28E (astra 2 and EB1) and BADR 26E on one dish. Sorry. Anyone one had any joy with this, or not possible. Thanks
On a 1.5m offset dish with a Black Ultra (28ºE) as the central LNB and a Black Premium (26ºE) as the offset the two LNBs are still touching at the point of maximum signal. (Black Premium has a smaller feedhorn than a Black Ultra). With a smaller dish (say 1.2m) and standard LNBFs one or both LNBs will be in a comprised position.

On a prime focus dish the focal length is much shorter so the LNBs need to be even closer together. I've done this with Multi-Connects on Famaval 1.8m & 2.4m dishes, but there is always some interaction between the two (some transponders won't lock, even strong ones), especially with 1.8m dishes.
 
Wait, so can I still get it with 1m in Cyprus?
 
Back
Top